British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Leicester Lions 4pm 20/06/21

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

We signed him up on the 3rd of September 2018

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.31276.1

“He’s a great prospect, a rider who is going in the right direction and someone we should look to nurture for the future.”

We binned him off by not including him in the 2020 or 2021 teams after a cracking 2018 & 2019.

Connor got fixed up with Newcastle but they binned him off on the 21st of January 2021.

Leicester replaced Perks with Bates on the 11th of Feb 2021 after Somerset's closure, while club asset Mountain was still searching for a club.

Imo he should have been in the 2020 & 2021 teams

Must admit, a was very surprised that it took for ages for him to get a team place like.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Press release, like newspapers and radio like in the old days, ffs life existed before electronics.

I’ve visited Newcastle on a Sunday and the queyside is rammed with people for the market,can they not have a stall on there showing bikes,videos and maybe even get some of the team down there handing out flyers …can’t be that difficult to set up ….

Well I thought we may have had some comment from the Leicester fans who were in attendance but maybe not...

Not a bad day for racing in the end as the forecast was for it to be battering down but shirt sleeve order was the dress of the day...

Track was a bit dusty and an old man with a prostate problem could have put more water down than that water bowser... but they did have a couple of goes... apparently a new bowser is being delivered this week from Belle Vue... as for the racing it was competitive with plenty of passing and personally I was very pleased with not only the result but the performance (which if I am totally honest; I was not expecting) Steve Worrall looks like a Number 1 and delivered a score to underline that with good support from the other 4 who all got wins under their belts even Max in heat 14 which will do him the power of good along with the practice laps he put in after the meeting and young JPB was like greased lighten out of the start gate but lost ground after lifting once out of the gate; and once he gets to grips with that minor issue I think we have a real prospect at 7 and not detracting anything from the effort put in by Joe Alcock... JPB appeared to have a bit more fire in his belly when behind and worked really hard to get back into races; so again I am looking forward to seeing him progress... its a pity we didn't have Stevie for those Edinburgh meetings even just the home one might have made a difference and on that Edinburgh meeting it was noticeable that the times were much faster at around the 63 second mark compared with the fastest time in the Leicester meeting which was 64 seconds..

On to Leicester "Hold me now" because they have a couple of class acts at reserve and I know Joe only got 2 points to Dan's 12 but there was enough shown on the day to think they will both do well and maybe carve out the same future the Worrall twins have and possibly go further again; good luck in their career and I look forward to seeing them again at Brough,  Leicester put a lot of effort in and kept it close and if the shoe was on the other foot with the Morris exclusion I would have been a bit miffed as it looked like his rear wheel had been clipped before he locked up and the two Diamonds bailed out; all four back would possibly have been the fairer call but some you win and some you lose; however the biggest disappointment of the day was Ty Proctor and I am hearing he has stepped back from both his Leicester and Kings Lynn slots today and I am not surprised as he looked totally devoid of confidence on a track where he has always scored points... even going back to his Redcar days... and again he could always trap... but the guy looked like he has a lot of issues on his back... real shame as I like Ty as someone I sponsored at Worky however he definitely looks like someone who needs a time out and hopefully he comes back with his head in a better place because on his day he's a quality rider and someone who has performed far better at Brough than the effort witnessed on Sunday...

So all in all an enjoyable meeting and seen some new faces in the crowd... all we need are the old faces we usually see back in the crowd as well and we will have things sorted... an opportunity to say hello to Bjarne Pedersen this week as well so it will be interesting to see what he puts on the crowd as it may be the last chance to see him at Brough Park ever again... never say never but time waits for no man unfortunately... 

Oh and this week I got the Double Cheeseburger with all the trimmings and you can not eat two of them that's official... in fact if they done some Veg and Mash with them it would be as filling as a full Sunday dinner... knocks that old rubbish that used to be served up right into a cocked hat...

Roll on Plymouth and if @lewy has the Cojones to show his face the beers are on me big boy...  Just bring your passport so they let you over the Tyne crossing...

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well I thought we may have had some comment from the Leicester fans who were in attendance but maybe not...

Not a bad day for racing in the end as the forecast was for it to be battering down but shirt sleeve order was the dress of the day...

Track was a bit dusty and an old man with a prostate problem could have put more water down than that water bowser... but they did have a couple of goes... apparently a new bowser is being delivered this week from Belle Vue... as for the racing it was competitive with plenty of passing and personally I was very pleased with not only the result but the performance (which if I am totally honest; I was not expecting) Steve Worrall looks like a Number 1 and delivered a score to underline that with good support from the other 4 who all got wins under their belts even Max in heat 14 which will do him the power of good along with the practice laps he put in after the meeting and young JPB was like greased lighten out of the start gate but lost ground after lifting once out of the gate; and once he gets to grips with that minor issue I think we have a real prospect at 7 and not detracting anything from the effort put in by Joe Alcock... JPB appeared to have a bit more fire in his belly when behind and worked really hard to get back into races; so again I am looking forward to seeing him progress... its a pity we didn't have Stevie for those Edinburgh meetings even just the home one might have made a difference and on that Edinburgh meeting it was noticeable that the times were much faster at around the 63 second mark compared with the fastest time in the Leicester meeting which was 64 seconds..

On to Leicester "Hold me now" because they have a couple of class acts at reserve and I know Joe only got 2 points to Dan's 12 but there was enough shown on the day to think they will both do well and maybe carve out the same future the Worrall twins have and possibly go further again; good luck in their career and I look forward to seeing them again at Brough,  Leicester put a lot of effort in and kept it close and if the shoe was on the other foot with the Morris exclusion I would have been a bit miffed as it looked like his rear wheel had been clipped before he locked up and the two Diamonds bailed out; all four back would possibly have been the fairer call but some you win and some you lose; however the biggest disappointment of the day was Ty Proctor and I am hearing he has stepped back from both his Leicester and Kings Lynn slots today and I am not surprised as he looked totally devoid of confidence on a track where he has always scored points... even going back to his Redcar days... and again he could always trap... but the guy looked like he has a lot of issues on his back... real shame as I like Ty as someone I sponsored at Worky however he definitely looks like someone who needs a time out and hopefully he comes back with his head in a better place because on his day he's a quality rider and someone who has performed far better at Brough than the effort witnessed on Sunday...

So all in all an enjoyable meeting and seen some new faces in the crowd... all we need are the old faces we usually see back in the crowd as well and we will have things sorted... an opportunity to say hello to Bjarne Pedersen this week as well so it will be interesting to see what he puts on the crowd as it may be the last chance to see him at Brough Park ever again... never say never but time waits for no man unfortunately... 

Oh and this week I got the Double Cheeseburger with all the trimmings and you can not eat two of them that's official... in fact if they done some Veg and Mash with them it would be as filling as a full Sunday dinner... knocks that old rubbish that used to be served up right into a cocked hat...

Roll on Plymouth and if @lewy has the Cojones to show his face the beers are on me big boy...  Just bring your passport so they let you over the Tyne crossing...

Regards

THJ

Do you stop talking long enough to drink:cheers:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lewy said:

Do you stop talking long enough to drink:cheers:

Only to fill me programme in... and if you are brave enough to join in you can find out first hand Lewy... I can't drink half as much now as I used to but I do try my best...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Only to fill me programme in... and if you are brave enough to join in you can find out first hand Lewy... I can't drink half as much now as I used to but I do try my best...

Regards 

THJ

I don't think I,ll be up to Newcastle unfortunately, but quite happy to have  a beer or 2 next week at our place. 

30 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

26 minutes ago, lewy said:

I don't think I,ll be up to Newcastle unfortunately, but quite happy to have  a beer or 2 next week at our place. 

If the water bowser was full of drink and John ran along after it,,, the track would still be dry. ;)

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, lewy said:

All that way for 2 beers... Jesus no expense spared there Lewy... if I can swing it and clear my diary I may make the effort but a school night is a tough night to sort because the Wednesday will be stuffed too...

Regards

THJ 

13 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

All that way for 2 beers... Jesus no expense spared there Lewy... if I can swing it and clear my diary I may make the effort but a school night is a tough night to sort because the Wednesday will be stuffed too...

Regards

THJ 

Yes... you'll have to be up bright and early for nursery in the morning, wont you? :D

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Yes... you'll have to be up bright and early for nursery in the morning, wont you? :D

He wouldn't be able to handle the scrumpy. ;)

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

He wouldn't be able to handle the scrumpy. ;)

What apple-aid... used to drink it when a was playing Rugby for the energy... it's like pop... a especially like the scrumpy with the bits in... but with all those calories a give it a miss now... am fat enough... av got an old pal who puts it on his corn flakes in the morning rather than milk and sugar...

Regards

THJ

39 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

What apple-aid... used to drink it when a was playing Rugby for the energy... it's like pop... a especially like the scrumpy with the bits in... but with all those calories a give it a miss now... am fat enough... av got an old pal who puts it on his corn flakes in the morning rather than milk and sugar...

Regards

THJ

You Heathen. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards

THJ

& That's not me by the way  I prefer brown ale on my cereal

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

You Heathen. ;)

Anyway looks like the job is knackered with England winning tonight as their next match.is Tuesday at 17.00 hours...

That will be a big test of crowd loyalty down there I would say...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

& That's not me by the way  I prefer brown ale on my cereal

Walker Heathen.  ;)

• Like 1