British Speedway Forum
Happy Hunter

Leicester v Glasgow 4th September

According to the fixture lists on the Leicester and the BSPA websites this rearranged fixture will take place on 4th September. Not far off but no news item on the Lions website!

I wouldn't hold my breath... they couldn't even be bothered to put a press release out about the last home match until it was postponed

We'll know by then whether or not Glasgow have made a new signing.  The cut off deadline is looming closer and it's all very quiet from North of the border.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I wouldn't hold my breath... they couldn't even be bothered to put a press release out about the last home match until it was postponed

Thanks Ian. You didn't disappoint me!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Thanks Ian. You didn't disappoint me!

Never a chore :D

7 minutes ago, justathought said:

They still have a preview for the British final. Think that might have happened 

Was that at Leicester? Damn I missed that!

4 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

We'll know by then whether or not Glasgow have made a new signing.  The cut off deadline is looming closer and it's all very quiet from North of the border.

its very quiet south of the border too lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

its very quiet south of the border too lol

It's always quiet down here... we don't like to blow our own trumpet, Shhhhh ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It's always quiet down here... we don't like to blow our own trumpet, Shhhhh ;)

Thisk Davieb1 may have been referring to Eastbourne!

• Like 1

I had tentatively thought this could be my first visit to Leicester but with Belle Vue on BHM, Brummies next Wed and hopefully Owlerton on Thursday I might be speedwayed out. Cook's Premiership form has dipped has it been as bad for Glasgow.  Tigers without Ostergaard are less potent also.

12 hours ago, Col said:

I had tentatively thought this could be my first visit to Leicester but with Belle Vue on BHM, Brummies next Wed and hopefully Owlerton on Thursday I might be speedwayed out. Cook's Premiership form has dipped has it been as bad for Glasgow.  Tigers without Ostergaard are less potent also.

With the demise of Eastbourne, I'm sure that Glasgow have a surprise or two lined up!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

With the demise of Eastbourne, I'm sure that Glasgow have a surprise or two lined up!

What are they gonna do drop Cook for Lawson? Can't see that happening, think that is the only way he would fit. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, justathought said:

What are they gonna do drop Cook for Lawson? Can't see that happening, think that is the only way he would fit. 

I'm sure that someone from Eastbourne will be putting pen to paper at Glasgow to fill Ulrich Ostergaard's place for starters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

I'm sure that someone from Eastbourne will be putting pen to paper at Glasgow to fill Ulrich Ostergaard's place for starters.

According to Ipswich cook has stepped down from racing due to mental health issues