British Speedway Forum

Just now, BassoontheGasso said:

Moaning is fine. Everybody moans.

But wanting your own team to lose before a wheel has been turned is just ridiculous.

I don't rate your side either but at least give them a chance before calling for them to get battered and sacked on Day 1.

No no no,,,, no Mr Nice,,, sack em instantly. Far too many chances are given. Rip it up and start again.  Anyway,,, how did you know I followed Newcastle,,, but now Sunderland? Could be Middlesbrough next 

12 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

King's Lynn will help them escape the wooden spoon........Only just though. 

Wolves aren't that much better either with a ton of pressure being put on Kemp's shoulders.

Wolves & KL haven't completed their sides, so can't award Ipswich the wooden spoon just yet lol!

Just now, Baldyman said:

No no no,,,, no Mr Nice,,, sack em instantly. Far too many chances are given. Rip it up and start again.  Anyway,,, how did you know I followed Newcastle,,, but now Sunderland? Could be Middlesbrough next 

Act your age.

I've seen you at the Speedway in person on several occasions so why don't you drop the whole entitled bratty kid character that you play online because you're more than qualified to be classed as a Grandad.

The team is a decent one. If none of us had the figures you’d look at it and be satisfied. It’s the frustration that it could, and SHOULD have been even stronger and feels like a massive missed opportunity. That’s where the disappointment comes for me. It isn’t a title winner, but I wouldn’t bet against it being a top 4 one. A few need to name theirs, but if it’s as rumoured then I think there will be a couple below us in the table. 

• Like 1

To be honest I don’t believe I am reading some of this, it would seem what ever riders we signed someone would take a dislike to them possibly because he run some distance relations cat over, at the end of the day like it or not these are our riders, our team, let’s support them! so we are 1.8 ish under the limit, but after the first few matches and the new CMA/green sheet is issued we could possibly up our overall average above the the starting limit, others including us could stay roughly the same or drop,

how many times have seen the best team on paper fail to perform to expectations, take last year and Peterborough, it not just the the performance on the bike it’s the team spirt and confidence that help to win matches 

I thought at the start of last season that Peterborough had a good team and couldn't believe that people were writing them off. Hopefully our new underperforming riders from last year will up their game, but we will have to see.

• Like 1

well well well,

Yes i have to admit I'm disappointed(Especially Batchelor),but we as fans cant write them off......Just Yet.

So many Rumours of who maybe joining......Doyle being announced 1st was clever, got all our hopes up.

But we have definitely missed a trick with our points haul. 

Danny will again be key, and Rowe as RS could be a plus.

Starke.........Leave that 1 there for now.

Riss ,for me, if he starts well, confidence will be key, he had a lot of personal problems last season, and was in a bad place ,and was riding for a dreadful set up, so i think he maybe a plus.

Heeps was always going to be in the 7, whatever his average was, Hawkins wouldn't leave his mate out, and i believe Jason Doyle may help Cam improve.

It's Batchelor that has done me, but even i have to be positive, his average has slumped big style, but he goes well when in team again with Jason Doyle, so there is a positive in there, and through gritted teeth i will support him as he's now a witch.

Yes on paper we look destined for 5th, coz any team we build we wont be as bad as Lynn, it's a bit deflating, but we have to believe and support the boys.

But i do fear an early season finish.

Wolves don't sound strong either, Lynn clearly won't be strong.

Peterborough won't change much, and as it's been said on here, nobody fancied them at the start last season, but they will be strong.

No Bewley at Belle Vue for me makes them weaker, but Fricke isn't a bad replacement i suppose.

Sheffield do look strong, Cook was a masterstroke for me, so at the moment they are quite rightly Favourites......but it's only on paper

39 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Act your age.

I've seen you at the Speedway in person on several occasions so why don't you drop the whole entitled bratty kid character that you play online because you're more than qualified to be classed as a Grandad.

Like I said,, I'm a very grumpy old man,,,, but a grandad,,,,,, no

Well well so much negativity on here. We have the best number one in the league & quite possibly the two best reserve's never mind who is riding there.

After the season Batchelor has I can understand where the concern with him comes from bit riding with Doyle should get him going again.

Heeps is Heeps good at home should be ok. 

Riss is a far better rider than his current average.

The comparison with Sheffield well they are taking huge risks toomWe had cook here last season and based on that is a massive risk I'm glad he isn't back. As for Muesilak I'm not sure about all the hype could be as much of a gamble as Cook, Heeps or Batchelor.

We have had plenty of poles down the years and to be honest only Gollob has ever really worked out. Hample used to go missing and the rest including Miskowiak never hit the heights.

All the what ifs seem to only be going one way,,, so let's balance it out a bit.

What if Heeps has already had his good season and is a load of turd,,, what if Riss can't find his confidence back and is a load of turd,,, and what if Batch really is that bad now but got lucky once when racing with Doyle,,, but is actually now a load of turd,,,,,, what if what if,, 

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

All the what ifs seem to only be going one way,,, so let's balance it out a bit.

What if Heeps has already had his good season and is a load of turd,,, what if Riss can't find his confidence back and is a load of turd,,, and what if Batch really is that bad now but got lucky once when racing with Doyle,,, but is actually now a load of turd,,,,,, what if what if,, 

Exactly, what ifs can be said for every team, every season gone by with outcomes that have gone either way,  the glass half full people will think one way, the half empty the other, as is always proved on here. It's the Ipswich team you've got and to be honest the points shortfall of use is neither here or there really, at least give it a chance, it's definitely not a no hope team in my veiw and who knows if the what ifs go the right way.

Edited by gazzac

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

and what if Batch really is that bad now but got lucky once when racing with Doyle,,, 

To be fair he’s had a fair few seasons in the 7 plus average, none in the 5’s for many years. Is it the start of a permanent decline? Possibly, only time will tell. But 5 and a half looks ridiculously cheap to me..

• Like 2

So why did Sheffield not retain him then. If he is such a bargain all the teams would've tried to sign him.