British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Wolves vs pboro semi final 1

On 9/30/2021 at 9:44 AM, bigcatdiary said:

Yes I remember the rule, personally if the referee is satisfied a rider does it on purpose he should have the power to award the race as it stood at the time the rider fell.

I despise cheating in any form in this sport, unfortunately some of the people running the sport don’t share my views.

The advantage of putting a rider off 15m is that the fans get more racing! Every time a race is awarded after a rider falls & stays down (on purpose) the fans get short changed!

On 9/30/2021 at 9:32 AM, shadowfax said:

They did for about 1or 2  seasons I think but was got rid of where if team A was on a 5-1 and a rider went down and stayed down on purpose the remaining rider from team B went of 15 meters. 

A rule that was introduced to much approval on here, until fans discovered it wasn't always being interpreted in favour of their team. There then followed much whinging and promoters responded by getting rid of the rule.

• Like 1

Could someone who was at this meeting please post the result of heat 3 from a programme? Speedway updates and BSPA both conflict, as do Peterborough and Wolves websites.

10 hours ago, June01 said:

Could someone who was at this meeting please post the result of heat 3 from a programme? Speedway updates and BSPA both conflict, as do Peterborough and Wolves websites.

Ht 3 (2nd rerun) Nicholls, Morris, Douglas, Palin (MPT - FN)

• Like 1