British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

Lose Vissing/Pearson/Auty and bring in 3 available riders.... Wethers/Starke/Clegg!!!

Edited by GiveusaB

38 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Lose Vissing/Pearson/Auty and bring in 3 available riders.... Wetherall/Starke/Clegg!!!

download.jpg :D

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Haha 3

Surely Auty and Shanes for Starke and Wright would be the choice?

I believe there's been no confirmed date on Auty's return  and puts Nielsen back to reserve with Pearson

Auty back end of July; they would be mad to swap Shanes for Wright! (It's James who rode for Newcastle ...)

• Like 1

Ill be suprised if theres any changes at all for brum unless vissing or auty tell rogers they dont want to commit for the rest of the year

Realistically dropping pearson and suty will allow brum to bring in a combo of starke, wethers, wright or clegg

For me and starke and clegg a deffo improvement on current showings from pearson and auty. I feel sorry for auty if he does lose his spot though next to no speedway for him for the last 3 seasons. He needs a long enough stint for his inflated average to start falling to the 5.5 mark. He then becomes attractive next year.

Otherwise if hes a 7.4 man again next year what teams are going to take the risk unless late to team building? Without a reduction in average for him i think he retires end of the season

24 minutes ago, DJC said:

Surely Auty and Shanes for Starke and Wright would be the choice?

I believe there's been no confirmed date on Auty's return  and puts Nielsen back to reserve with Pearson

No chance of Shanes going...that would be ludicrous!

Vissing/Auty and Pearson are the only riders that need replacing!

22 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Auty back end of July; they would be mad to swap Shanes for Wright! (It's James who rode for Newcastle ...)

Auty will struggle even more if he attempts a comeback this season!

Starke for Auty would be the best option but Starkey will be in demand. 

Not sure how you would strengthen from the others who were way worse than Birmingham looking at results... 

31 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Starke for Auty would be the best option but Starkey will be in demand. 

Not sure how you would strengthen from the others who were way worse than Birmingham looking at results... 

Clegg for Pearson ?

Tbh I don't think I would. Let Pearson gain as much experience as possible, not just with speedway but with life experience too. It could just well pay off next season. 

If Clegg was going to be the difference between making the play offs or not, then worth considering but I don't think that's the case atm 

• Like 1

The thing is will BSPA approve multiple changes when it is putting riders out o

No doubt some employment law expert would find irregularities in any such process.

14 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Tbh I don't think I would. Let Pearson gain as much experience as possible, not just with speedway but with life experience too. It could just well pay off next season. 

If Clegg was going to be the difference between making the play offs or not, then worth considering but I don't think that's the case atm 

You're probably right there Dog....however, I don't think there will be a next season if crowd numbers continue to decline....

My reasoning behind Clegg is two-fold, may be entice a few Ex-Heathens and make home meetings more competitive.

Like you, I would like to see Pearson develop, he looks a good prospect....not as good as I envisaged from reports etc.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The thing is will BSPA approve multiple changes when it is putting riders out o

No doubt some employment law expert would find irregularities in any such process.

Changes happen all the time....I can't see that being a problem?

It would be allowed if it was 'Poole' ! (Joke ) :D

Ideally the riders should be spread around to the clubs permently using guests or r/r, but we know that won't happen...