British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilDrum

Nearest Airport to Bydgoszcz?

Does anyone know the nearest airport to Bydgoszcz as I'm thinking of going to the Grand Prix in September!

Cheers

NeilDrum i think there's an airport IN Bydgoszcz. It's not connected directly to foreign countries, but you can go to Warsaw from London and then take a local flight to Bydgoszcz.

Probably Warsaw, and then a train to Bydgoszcz.

The nearest Airport to Bydgoszcz is in... Bydgoszcz. They have just built in our airport an international terminal which will be opened soon. You can fly from Warsaw to Bydgoszcz, it's not so expensive.

I have been to Bygoszcz several times and the best way so far for me is to fly to Warsaw then hire a car. It takes 3-4 hours to drive, and the roads are not good. But the avantage with a car is that on the day after the GP you can get easily to a league meeting!

Then drive back to warsaw on the monday for a flight back to London.

the flightimes into Bydgoszcz have never been good. You have to leave like 6 am on the moring after the GP to get a connecting flight back to London.

We've done it this way twice . . RyanAir Stansted to Berlin, then train Berlin to Bydgoszcz changing at Poznan - quite an adventure but good fun.

This year though - airpolonia.com Stansted to Poznan, then 1hr 45 - 2 hrs by train to Bydogoszcz - no problemo !

PKP railways - Fantastico !

Check out the webshots below :D

Edited by Papa Bazarou