British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Stoke Select - Dave Tattum Memorial Cup Sun 3rd April 2022 - 4pm

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Max, Matty, James and Paul were all very solid, great rides from the four of them, impressed and they should be good for the season (at home anyway)

Lee, he's been out of the saddle for about a decade but tbh didn't look too bad tonight, once the rust wears off and he sorts out whatever mechanical problems he seemed to be having tonight, he won't be a bad reserve, looked quite spectacular too on occasions, but I don't think the outside line has worked at Brough for many years now...

George, has a long way to come to be any decent, however he showed slight improvement in his third and fourth ride compared to his first two (looked a little slower, but less wild), don't think he's going to be the big hitting reserve I dreamt he would be, but give him a couple months, he should be there or there abouts an ok number 7 at home, not too concerned

Bradley, the less said the better about tonight, didn't look like he was comfortable for a single second and appeared to give up when left miles behind, he could only just about keep Connor Coles behind him at one point. Yes, it's his first season back after a couple off, and he's bound to be rusty too, I never expected him to be a good out and out number 1, but he better be improving on the performance he showed tonight, or else it's going to be pretty embarrassing for him this season.

Again, we have a team with absolutely zero top end strength and you could feel the atmosphere in the stadium was duller than ever tonight, I heard a few people complaining as they were leaving the stadium that they wouldn't be back next week, and the crowd was already tiny this week, Christ knows what's it's going to be later on in the year... I don't want to know

Well after an amazing day yesterday my daughter's wedding.. I thought ( grandad duties ) I'd  give it a miss & watch the Newcastle game on TV which may have had an impact on today's crowd & was not a good watch . So let's hope for a decent crowd next Sunday at brough to help the lads on track against a very good looking redcar team 

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Well after an amazing day yesterday my daughter's wedding.. I thought ( grandad duties ) I'd  give it a miss & watch the Newcastle game on TV which may have had an impact on today's crowd & was not a good watch . So let's hope for a decent crowd next Sunday at brough to help the lads on track against a very good looking redcar team 

Hopefully we can put a decent show on at Leicester next sat & show the rest of the league that we are a good team 

12 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I've got his dad's 

Stuart would still score 6-8 in this weakened down league 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Skid said:

Stuart would still score 6-8 in this weakened down league 

I  reckon 7-9 easy around Newcastle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Skid said:

Anyone got Robbo's number?

Stuart or Scott.

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hopefully we can put a decent show on at Leicester next sat & show the rest of the league that we are a good team 

Not wanting to sound cheeky, but how can you show the rest of the league that you are a good team, when you're clearly a very weak team?

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not wanting to sound cheeky, but how can you show the rest of the league that you are a good team, when you're clearly a very weak team?

That's why I said ( hopefully) as I know we are weak 

11 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I  reckon 7-9 easy around Newcastle 

I said 6-8 because he would be riding just for fun nowadays, problem would be when he becomes number 1.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JCookie said:

BWD got to be the worst number 1 since Joe Dolce. 

That's a bit negative, think you better shaddup your face, although if BWD doesn't improve its goodnight Vienna to any hope of a No1 slot.:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, gazzac said:

That's a bit negative, think you better shaddup your face, although if BWD doesn't improve its goodnight Vienna to any hope of a No1 slot.:rolleyes:

This means nothing to me……

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

This means nothing to me……

If BWD does improve, you'll be dancing with tears in your eyes.

• Haha 1

BWD has probably had one too many bad crashes, some riders are mentally strong enough to put them firmly behind them, but many lose the edge they used to have, Robbo definitely didn't let them affect his performances.

Only problem with hype is, you have to live up to it, or the knives quickly come out.