British Speedway Forum
dgm

Cardiff-whose stopping where?

Not if I see you first you won't. :o

I believe his alter ego is usually near you Gem :P:wink:

Kevin strictly speaking in England and Wales you can be charged with drink driving just for ahving access to the keys of the vehicle you are kipping in.

I've always wondered (being a bit awkward!) if that means people on holiday in camper vans can be charged :blink:

I've always wondered (being a bit awkward!) if that means people on holiday in camper vans can be charged.

Depends if you're on a camp site or not - they can't damn well touch you

on there. :D

If you are in a car park or lay-by I should think the same rules apply as for a car - no-one inside should have access to the keys if they have been drinking.

Edited by Gemini

Rest assured my friends, come the day of the Cardiff GP I will be moving amongst you.......I may even be sitting next to you.......be afraid, be very afraid.....

Quaking in my boots, there's no way you'll be or want to be sat next to me :lol::wink:

Serious question - if you sleep in your car and you've had a few beers, how does the law see it?

kevin, if you've had a few beers and you sleep in your car in posession of your car keys you can be arrested for drink driving because technically you're able to control the car.

this is why we're being forced to put the car keys in a locker overnight, so then if the police do wake us up and do some tests etc we wont have the keys therefore we won't be in control of the car.

word from my mate's dad is that they're going to be quite hot on this sort of 'drink driving' this year so i wouldn't take any risks. if you're going with somebody get them to stay in the car while you put the keys somewhere safe.

SO we're 3(?) weeks away now, anyone got ny arrangements? What time we meeting? Where are we meeting? If we're not meeting until late(ish) (1pm onward) I can go to work in the morning, if not I'll have to arnage to work some other day.

The Prince of Wales at the bottom of the stairs again?

My mums driving us there and back, thats the easiest way, though not nessercarilly safest. Oh and at about 6 we're driving back home to watch the meeting on Sky, should save us a fair bit of money! :)

Edited by SCB

ok, so where is the prince of wales in relation to the milennium stadium? we didn't have time for pubs last year as we went on the supporters coach which left straight after the meeting.

The POW is about 3-10 minutes from the stadium entrance (depends which entrance), I left about 30 minutes before the meeting last year and still managed to get there in time for the pre-meeting crap, sorry I mean entertainment!

Try, this for a map, the circle is the PoW and the staium, well it that big void at the top that says Millenium Stadium ;)

The POW is about 3-10 minutes from the stadium entrance (depends which entrance), I left about 30 minutes before the meeting last year and still managed to get there in time for the pre-meeting crap, sorry I mean entertainment!

Try, this for a map, the circle is the PoW and the staium, well it that big void at the top that says Millenium Stadium ;)

easy 2 find it , its by the traffic lights on the main high street, near 2 the travellodge and the train station next door was a coffee shop but now it a corals bookie

i was in the pub for the last 2 years but having joined late last year looking forward 2 meeting some fellow foram members

Quaking in my boots, there's no way you'll be or want to be sat next to me  :lol:  :wink:

Ok but don't come running to me when you see the size of my scythe. :mad:

???????????????????????

sounds vaguely sexual there, old grimmy. i also joined after last years GP so was too late to meet many of you lovely people. looking forward to this year though.

Guest JY2003

We are not stopping, we are going on the Saturday morning about 8.30am and coming back after the GP.... :o

well to tell you the truth i wouldn't exactly want the grim reaper to knock on my door either, so the name doesn't matter all that much :D