British Speedway Forum
davieb1

leicester lions already lost it ?

29 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Aside from mobility issues when it's been raining the holes fill with muddy water which is not a great when u put ur feet out of the car into one. This is hard to avoid when there are so many!

If I was a promoter I would not expect people with mobility issues to walk even further, as ur suggesting, from the shopping centre. Why do u think supermarkets etc av disabled parking near the entrance to the supermarket. And they then would still need to walk through the car park at the stadium! The buggy at Leicester is a great idea but maybe that shud start from the shopping centre car park upon ur suggestion!

Are u sure ur not David Hemsley in disguise?:rolleyes:

P.s it may only be a couple of mins walk for most folk from the other car park but the opposite is true for those with any disability not just mobility.

If you are able bodied, and unhappy at the state of the stadium car park, I don't think it's too much to ask for people to walk an extra couple of minutes from the shopping centre car park. In any event it's  full at least an hour before the start of the meeting so it seems people are prepared to put up with it.

Parking facilities and what is required would I imagine have been part of the original planning permission when the stadium was built.

There are marked disabled spaces at the stadium where riders/officials park - I presume these may be available for spectators but don't know for sure.

I think the disabled spaces outside the track are for spectators. I imagine you have to contact the club to make arrangements to use them as they are, I think, accessed from the same, separate, entrance that the riders etc use.

After the track was completed David Hemsley obtained planning permission for a properly laid out and surfaced car park but nothing happened. I assume that this was due to a lack of finance.

It is my understanding that the disabled parking spaces are on a first come basis,  que at the riders gate. The car park is not part of the promotions rental of the stadiums I am led to believe,  so any repair work I guess would be down to DH.

As for the buggy going down to tesco car park, I don't think that would be allowed as it would need to go on a public road,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LionsFan said:

If you are able bodied, and unhappy at the state of the stadium car park, I don't think it's too much to ask for people to walk an extra couple of minutes from the shopping centre car park. In any event it's  full at least an hour before the start of the meeting so it seems people are prepared to put up with it.

Parking facilities and what is required would I imagine have been part of the original planning permission when the stadium was built.

There are marked disabled spaces at the stadium where riders/officials park - I presume these may be available for spectators but don't know for sure.

If u had ur own business......from a customer service point of view, if u had a car park on ur forecourt the same as Leicester's stadium car park would u expect customer's to park in someone else's car park if they didn't like it and walk the same distance? Able bodied or otherwise!

I'm sure u r David Hemsley now! :rolleyes:

Also the unused areas around the stadium were in the plans for BMX 5 a side etc to convince the council it was a community project, I guess the car park was also stated to be tarmac but none of these av materialised but somehow Hemsley is seemingly getting away with it.

Yep, great to av the speedway but it makes yer wonder how many strokes were pulled.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Turnip said:

If u had ur own business......from a customer service point of view, if u had a car park on ur forecourt the same as Leicester's stadium car park would u expect customer's to park in someone else's car park if they didn't like it and walk the same distance? Able bodied or otherwise!

I'm sure u r David Hemsley now! :rolleyes:

Also the unused areas around the stadium were in the plans for BMX 5 a side etc to convince the council it was a community project, I guess the car park was also stated to be tarmac but none of these av materialised but somehow Hemsley is seemingly getting away with it.

Yep, great to av the speedway but it makes yer wonder how many strokes were pulled.

There's always speculation on "strokes being pulled" but no evidence is produced.

53 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

It is my understanding that the disabled parking spaces are on a first come basis,  que at the riders gate. The car park is not part of the promotions rental of the stadiums I am led to believe,  so any repair work I guess would be down to DH.

As for the buggy going down to tesco car park, I don't think that would be allowed as it would need to go on a public road,

I was.being sarcastic on the buggy goin to Tesco on the suggestion by LionsFan that disabled people don't mind the extra walk :t::D

Edited by Turnip

5 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

There's always speculation on "strokes being pulled" but no evidence is produced.

Well u will never be presented with a dossier on dodgy deals, etc that happen throughout speedway but I'm not naive enuff to think that they don't happen.

Fair play I guess if u get away with it, now I am a Pirates fan......... don't chuck tomato's at me coz I don't like em! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

The way that buggy goes up and down after a match barging its way through the packed leaving crowd sometimes makes me wonder whether the driver is looking to create some punters to ferry up and down the following week. It's pretty dangerous imo

Edited by iainb

Not having a dig but what is with the ticket office being on the side past the entrance? is it a security issue and the ladies feeling secure behind the glass? and what is the protocol of queuing? you join the queue and follow it to the hatch then keep moving in line as those in front go in the gate? or do you do as the family behind me did when i came with Scunny? make me move out of the way so they can buy a ticket then all 5 of them walk to the front on the grass then go in?

14 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Ermolenko wanted to design is as a bigger Wolverhampton but departed the project before work on the track commenced I read somewhere. 

as far as i heaRD HE WANTED £50.000

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

as far as i heaRD HE WANTED £50.000

3 noughts too many added on to that? :rofl:

Even at 50 quid he'd be asking for a miracle to happen when dealing with Hemsley! :rofl:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

Not having a dig but what is with the ticket office being on the side past the entrance? is it a security issue and the ladies feeling secure behind the glass? and what is the protocol of queuing? you join the queue and follow it to the hatch then keep moving in line as those in front go in the gate? or do you do as the family behind me did when i came with Scunny? make me move out of the way so they can buy a ticket then all 5 of them walk to the front on the grass then go in?

I will ask the question as I have nothing to do with tickets or the gate.Not sure why the ticket office is in the position it is past the entrance gate, I guess it the only place it could be positioned when the stadium was built. As for the perspect screens they had to be put in as a covid measure from the council.

Edited by BTFC LION
More info.
  • Thanks 1

The original planning permission included a proper stand to include, among other things, a ticket office and entrance, refreshments, track shop, toilets and riders changing rooms. Like many other aspects of the development it never got built and so we have the ad hoc arrangements that we have now.

41 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

The original planning permission included a proper stand to include, among other things, a ticket office and entrance, refreshments, track shop, toilets and riders changing rooms. Like many other aspects of the development it never got built and so we have the ad hoc arrangements that we have now.

You are correct as far as I remember,  not looked at the information for a very long time.

But I believe all the plans are still valid, so things could be built if the money was there.

I think the plans were passed as a complete package, so if part of it is built, ie the speedway then then all of the original plans still stand? 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 5:17 PM, Bagpuss said:

Let's hope it doesn't take as long to get 'Terry' or someone similar in as it did for Poole, was at least ten years of bumps and holes wasn't it? Might have been longer.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 5:43 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

It was a couple of seasons of less than perfect though early last year it got very bad and the reason Terry was called in. It’s now the smoothest and best prepared track in the country with all riders praising it.

Remind us all. When was it that the "Turbo Twins" (Holder & Ward) last raced at Poole as they constantly complained about the track but got on with it unlike MANY OTHER riders.?

• Haha 1