British Speedway Forum
gillam

The story of the 1st GP ?

Steve, why didn't "the World's best ref" spot the tapes weren't going up straight when watching tv replays of races where he kept bottling out from excluding the top riders?

Flipping a coin would get the right decision as often as Mr Steele does at most Grand Prixs.

Sorry, but I am with the 99.9% who think that TRicky was lucky tonight.. any other GP, but one in his own back yard and he would have been excluded, especially the first time, the man went straight across the corner. Looked like some sort of mechanical problem, even so, he caused the accident. The second with Gollob was touch and go, Gollob could have been seen as having altered his line, but then again TRick was charging hard towards the outside and took Gollob out. And TRick was behind at that point, hence the need to ride wider looking for grip.. resulting in knocking Gollob off, my opinion was he should have been excluded for that. Jesper B Jensen had no gripe about his semi fall, yes Gollob did go under him hard, but didnt touch Jensen at all, loads of room and Mr Steele got that one right. As for Mr Crump.. well in the same 1st TRick incident he too should have gone, he fell on his own and had no help, so both of them should have been excluded. As for the starting gate fiasco.. Mr Steel must have seen them go up on the skew as he had to view re-runs of the start of that heat involving TRick and then Crump falling and so must have looked at the head on view from the tapes.. what was he playing at. Also beggars the question..why didnt any of the riders say anything sooner?

I'll second that , brilliant start for leigh, lets hope he can keep it up ,also well done to Mark Loram and Lee Richardson, hope they can keep it up or even get better. :D:D:D:D

Guest I AM A BEE

Thats really put a downer on my night that has!! Why him of all people :cry: Anyone but him!!!!!!!! :angry:

But well dont to him anyway I spose! :rolleyes:

I find the suggestions that Tony Steele 'bottled it' laughable.

Why? Because I remember him excluding Kryszaniek in the lastl heat decider of the 2001 World Team Cup @ Wroclaw (Kryszaniek's home track) - when he could have taken the easy option and gone for all four back.

Equally laughable is the suggestion of bias towards Rickardsson. There is a view in many quarters that Steele's exclusion of Rickardsson cost TR the 2000 GP Championship.

He called them the way he saw them, and I think his decisions were reasonable.

I was suprised that the tapes weren't sorted out though

I find the suggestions that Tony Steele 'bottled it' laughable.

Equally laughable is the suggestion of bias towards Rickardsson. There is a view in many quarters that Steele's exclusion of Rickardsson cost TR the 2000 GP Championship.

He called them the way he saw them, and I think his decisions were reasonable.

So that makes two of you then ! :rolleyes:

No way should Crump have been excluded, yeah he fell but he immediately remounted and did not cause a stoppage. I don't think the race should have been stopped.

firstly,hello to all the fans who post on this forum, as a new member this is my first posting and i am just getting use to the the system

What is the general opinion of last nights Grand-Prix?.

I thought the racing was good concidering it was a temporary surface however, what about the problems with the starting gate where it appeared that the inside was slower to rise giving an advantage to the riders on gates 3 and 4.

Did all the riders know about this ? as it appeared that some were looking to the outside magnets while others wer still looking at the inside.

Anyway good luck to Ryan this Wednesday.

I found the TRick decisions hard to call. Even after seeing the replays I still wasn't sure. From the first angle I thought he must be out, but every angle made it look different, so I don't think they were as easy decisions to make as everyone else thinks. I agree he was lucky to get the benefit of the doubt both times, however, I couldn't make my mind up either way who was at fault.

At the end of the day, unless someone really spears someone or shoves them really hard into the fence on the first bend, I'd rather have the benefit of the doubt afterall, I'd rather see 4 man races, especially on a track with so much passing than 3 man races if it could be avoided.

Well done to Leigh, & great sportsmanship shown by Crumpy tonight!

Still never ceases to amaze me that when Nicki doesn't make a final its never his fault, its someone elses. I always think its bad mental attitude when you can't just say you missed the gate, or your set-up just didn't work. What was he on about with Gollob's bike? Gollob would have still beat him anyway as he made a really bad gate!?

But those tapes!!!!! What was that all about. Why wasn't the meeting stopped and the tapes sorted out. It was absolutley stupid letting it go on, I was suprised that the riders didn't complain about them.

Angry from Bradford :angry:

Good G.P. Probably the best one day track that we've had. Congrats to BSI. Lots of really exciting racing, with the 4 CLASS ACTS in world speedway making the final. Well done Mr Adams, very clever riding. Top man.

As far as the ref is concerned, Shovlar is spot on. All the pro's agreed with Mr Steele, so don't get misled by that gobin Millard.

Speaking of gobbin', what was that disgusting little man doing ?? Ugh. World Champ! more like World Tramp. He needs to get sponsored by Kleenex or have some of those green screens fitted around his pit area so that we can't witness his neanderthal personal habits, not to mention tantrums.

No tantrums from Crumpy though. I thought that he had different attitude altogther, more relaxed, almost likeable. If he sticks with that style he will definately win the title.

The crowd did look a bit thin on the ground, possibly a repercussion from that last cock-up in Sweden?

Nicki Pedersen gets 10/10 for artistic impression for his spitting and nose blowing, using one finger on each nostril. Very clever as there must be an art to doing this and presumably he has to make sure the wind is blowing in the right direction. 

Nicki's nasal activities did not go unnoticed,

neither did his wiping the sweat of his armpits and immediately using the same object over his face and head :blink: yuk.

Personal hygiene obviously not very important when your under pressure. I'd forgotten about that bit Addy but it did look funny.

Why? Because I remember him excluding Kryszaniek (...)

Kryszaniek? lol

Krzyzaniak :D but I must say that's a hard surname to write if don't speak Polish and only heard it.

Nicki Pedersen gets 10/10 for artistic impression for his spitting and nose blowing, using one finger on each nostril. Very clever as there must be an art to doing this and presumably he has to make sure the wind is blowing in the right direction. 

Nicki's nasal activities did not go unnoticed,

neither did his wiping the sweat of his armpits and immediately using the same object over his face and head :blink: yuk.

Personal hygiene obviously not very important when your under pressure. I'd forgotten about that bit Addy but it did look funny.

Snot on slagging off the World Tramp. Whats the odds at the next G.P he's seen extracting a bogie. Pass the salt & pepper mate!

Was this really a one-off track? is so then at last have have got it as good as they can.

Great display by Adams, but can he be consistent enough to win it? only time will tell. Rickardsson had the worst draw in the final, but, overall he most definitely showed that he is still good enough to win another title.