British Speedway Forum
justathought

Newcastle v Leicester 12th June 2022

15 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

Is that land at seaton burn still avaiable? Is it the one next to the retail unit? 

15 hours ago, JCookie said:

Always thought it'd be the one on the roundabout at the top, that's been empty for years.

Both sides of the road where the A1 met the A19 were available at the time... and we had put an interest in against one of them but when the Facebook release went out with.... it's my club and I am not leaving Brough... amongst others... and that was after all the noise about wanting away from Brough... it was never followed through... those proposals were well and truely wizzed on from a great height...

Regards 

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Probably paying a fiver for a burger is the reason

You can't charge 'seaside prices on a council estate',,, the ice-cream man told is that one. ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

That’s because after you have been people think there is nowt left 

Ha & if they waited for you to buy a burger or hot dog by the time you asked how much is this & that was the stuff would be out of date 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Both sides of the road where the A1 met the A19 were available at the time... and we had put an interest in against one of them but when the Facebook release went out with.... it's my club and I am not leaving Brough... amongst others... and that was after all the noise about wanting away from Brough... it was never followed through... those proposals were all and truely wizzed on from a great height...

Regards 

THJ

A shame that it's come to that, but then again how much of a future does Newcastle really have under this management by the sounds of it?

20 minutes ago, JCookie said:

A shame that it's come to that, but then again how much of a future does Newcastle really have under this management by the sounds of it?

Ya not wrong but at the end of the day there is only one person who can turn it around... and fair play to him its his way or no way so if it sinks or swims its all on his shoulders...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ya not wrong but at the end of the day there is only one person who can turn it around... and fair play to him its his way or no way so if it sinks or swims its all on his shoulders...

Regards 

THJ

Would you contact him to extend and olive branch and work together to put it right? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mamapotts said:

Would you contact him to extend and olive branch and work together to put it right? 

Haha... nice thought but no... unfortunately the way things were firstly done; then the discussions that followed and then finally the way things were then left; I think that ship has long sailed sadly...

Regards

THJ

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

RIP newcastle speedway. THJ was our only hope and he was kicked into touch by the funniest business man I've ever known... at least his burger vans have made a killing this year, plenty time in the stadium to have 2 or 3 meals with these extra long, badly organised meetings of pure cr@p... there was loyal fans there tonight, who have been to every single meeting without fail for the last decade at least, who walked out mid meeting. If that doesn't tell you what state we're in, I dunno what will.

I can sit and plead with THJ to work with Rob and the paying members of the supporters club, but if he doesn't want to I respect that decision... even if its just moral and not monetary support... we need someone with a bit of a speedway brain to guide us...

BTW Jack Smith has got to be one of the worst signings we've ever made, I can think of at least 10 other NL riders I'd have preferred... some even know how to ride our track...

I'm so happy there's no meeting next weekend, I need some time off from this...

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mamapotts said:

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Haha... nice thought but no... unfortunately the way things were firstly done; then the discussions that followed and then finally the way things were then left; I think that ship has long sailed sadly...

Regards

THJ

Funnily enough, someone asked me the same question today.

Daft question: probably VERY daft and someone is going to explain to me exactly why not and how much it'd be...

But would it not be cheaper to buy the dogs out if Brough and relay a normal shaped track and have it as our stadium, that we can then run our own race night, amateur meetings and practices on (for a price of course). Compared to sourcing our own plot of land and building a completely new stadium!!

I know... very silly of me...

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Daft question: probably VERY daft and someone is going to explain to me exactly why not and how much it'd be...

But would it not be cheaper to buy the dogs out if Brough and relay a normal shaped track and have it as our stadium, that we can then run our own race night, amateur meetings and practices on (for a price of course). Compared to sourcing our own plot of land and building a completely new stadium!!

Correct.  ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

You answered your own question there Biffa... lol...

Win the Euro Lottery and offer the stadium owners around £4.5 million quid and you will be sorted...

Regards 

THJ

Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You answered your own question there Biffa... lol...

Win the Euro Lottery and offer the stadium owners around £4.5 million quid and you will be sorted...

Regards 

THJ

That's about 4 million more than I thought :rofl: do we not own any percentage of the stadium whatsoever... just rent a couple hours every Sunday..

How much would building a whole new track cost though, with buying land, laying a whole track and creating facilities... I know it could be done over a period of time... but can't be too far off the price you just quoted... surely

45 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

That's about 4 million more than I thought :rofl: do we not own any percentage of the stadium whatsoever... just rent a couple hours every Sunday..

How much would building a whole new track cost though, with buying land, laying a whole track and creating facilities... I know it could be done over a period of time... but can't be too far off the price you just quoted... surely

The costs are going up on a weekly basis due to the rise in the cost of living but if you are prepared to do a lot of the work yourself you are now looking at around 150k to set out a basic track and 100k to illuminate the spot... or you can pay a construction company double that for a basic set up or 250 million or more for something like the millennium stadium... I worked with guys who worked on the Old Trafford refurbishment and that was 285 million

However it all depends on what you want... you can get a Nissan Almera for 15k or a 370z for 75k so basic and cheap or all bells and whistles... but they both get you from a to b...

The land is the same: you could lease it off the Authouity or the land owner or buy it off them from a grand an acre to a million quid an acre and anywhere in between depending on where it is but it's all just pie in the sky...

When you win the Euro Lottery would be the best time to look at things... give me a shout then and I will help you spend it...

Oh and Newcastle do not own any of the stadium they rent...

Regards 

THJ

Edited for accuracy

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The costs are going up on a weekly basis due to the rise in the cost of living but if you are prepared to do a lot of the work yourself you are now looking at around 150k to set out a basic track and 100k to illuminate the spot... or you can pay a construction company double that for a basic set up or 250 million or more for something like the millennium stadium... I worked with guys who worked on the Old Trafford refurbishment and that was 285 million

However it all depends on what you want... you can get a Nissan Almera for 15k or a 370z for 75k so basic and cheap or all bells and whistles... but they both get you from a to b...

The land is the same: you could lease it off the Authouity or the land owner or buy it off them from a grand an acre to a million quid an acre and anywhere in between depending on where it is but it's all just pie in the sky...

When you win the Euro Lottery would be the best time to look at things... give me a shout then and I will help you spend it...

Oh and Newcastle do not own any of the stadium they rent...

Regards 

THJ

Thanks very much for all the useful insight. I can't imagine there's many people in the North East with that sort of money who are interested enough in Newcastle speedway... we're all doomed.

Land is very expensive... I don't think I've ever seen or ever will see 150k in my entire life :rofl: I do play the lottery... if I ever win big... I'd love to give it a go

• Like 1