British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

22 hours ago, Aceslider said:

I think you are absolutely right and probably the whole  amount attributable to season ticket holders.

If that is the case, my understanding is that they will rank as unsecured creditors meaning that after liquidators fees etc, won't get a penny back.

We won't know how much money has been raised for 'the pot' from sales of assets until the final report is issued. If the time scale for this is similar to Newspeed 2003 Ltd, we're probably looking at next year.

There are no 'secured' creditors in amongst the full list, which means everyone will be scrapping for whatever is left but, as you say, by the time the liquidators take their fees, I wouldn't imagine that will amount to much, if anything :(

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

We won't know how much money has been raised for 'the pot' from sales of assets until the final report is issued. If the time scale for this is similar to Newspeed 2003 Ltd, we're probably looking at next year.

There are no 'secured' creditors in amongst the full list, which means everyone will be scrapping for whatever is left but, as you say, by the time the liquidators take their fees, I wouldn't imagine that will amount to much, if anything :(

Yep win win win for Liquidators,One should be shot every day along with Solicitors…

7 hours ago, enotian said:

where? or is there a more extensive list?

I’m sure Steve will give Granty a ring and find out, good pals they are.

• Haha 1

Whilst Newcastle Speedway is being wound up, Eastbourne Eagles Ltd the promoting company for Eastbourne Speedway in 2021 is still in existence according to companies house, so despite the claims that Eastbourne did not have the money to complete the 2021 season the company has still not been liquidated and therefore no one actually knows what the actual position was. There was an attempt to compulsory strike off the company in March 2022 but was rescinded.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:10 PM, FootieandSpeedway said:

Whilst Newcastle Speedway is being wound up, Eastbourne Eagles Ltd the promoting company for Eastbourne Speedway in 2021 is still in existence according to companies house, so despite the claims that Eastbourne did not have the money to complete the 2021 season the company has still not been liquidated and therefore no one actually knows what the actual position was. There was an attempt to compulsory strike off the company in March 2022 but was rescinded.

Who would rescind the attempt please?

That company is still in existence but its complex

The company is in the hands of the receivers but due to the sad death of long term sponsor and director of that company, Les Fineing, its taken time to run that down.

We have been in contact with the receiver and there is not a lot else to say really, sad demise of the club at this point.

I'd heard that the airfence was Eastbourne bound until a higher bidder came in ( or should I say from what I was told that our former diamonds owner tried to call the bluff & it never worked ) and they were messed about but eventually got it at a price well below the valuation.. so I say well done & good luck over in cumbria

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 4

If I get enough interest to run a bus for our former & local lad Stuart Robsons meeting at Redcar I'll have some very exciting news regarding the travel etc .. so of anybody wants to go just let me know & we will have a great day 

• Like 1

Should have some exciting news in the next week or so regarding Robbos farewell meeting at Redcar so keep an eye on the forum for details & other social media posts 

On 9/2/2022 at 12:32 AM, Justgotmecpc said:

Should have some exciting news in the next week or so regarding Robbos farewell meeting at Redcar so keep an eye on the forum for details & other social media posts 

Not too exciting. CANCELLED until next year again. Poor Robbo.

5 hours ago, leander said:

Not too exciting. CANCELLED until next year again. Poor Robbo.

Yip the rain forecast over the last couple of days & next few ahead didn't help our former diamonds number 1,, but roll on next season & I will still run a bus etc & hopefully have some exciting news on his big farewell day 

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yip the rain forecast over the last couple of days & next few ahead didn't help our former diamonds number 1,, but roll on next season & I will still run a bus etc & hopefully have some exciting news on his big farewell day 

The reason given for the postponement was FIVE riders had withdrawn from the meeting, not helped by Glasgow re-arranging their meeting against Poole for Saturday afternoon.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Exciting news? So we gotta wait? Cant you tell us a tiny bit now? Is it newc related?