British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Redcar 22,06,22 Wednesday

22 hours ago, Wow68 said:

I didn’t see or hear any news that any of the Brummies positions were at threat?

No, nor has anyone else.

I guess that the assumption was made because of how quickly previous promotions have been at snapping up riders for the Brummies. who became available mid-season (Henrik Moller, Carig Watson, Phil Morris & Rusty Harrison spring to mind) that the same will apply now. Graham Drury was ruthless enough at the time to make the changes that he saw as being right for the team. Things are different now.

On 6/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, Wow68 said:

What rider positions were in threat? I didn’t see or hear any news that any of the Brummies positions were at threat? I think only you have mentioned that - do you know something we don’t? If not that is a stupid comment then isn’t it!

Surely Vissing is under threat ? If he's not, then he should be....he's been p#ss poor this season!

I thought Pearson would've been replaced too, but since read that B'ham have given him a season long deal.....'short-sighted' imo!

Not sure why Auty hasnt been replaced ?

There's 3 riders for you....hope that helps with your lack of speedway knowledge.

Not sure why I'm responding to your post....you seem to have trouble accepting someone else's opinion if it's not a red n yellow glow!

Edited by GiveusaB

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Surely Vissing is under threat ? If he's not, then he should be....he's been p#ss poor this season!

I thought Pearson would've been replaced too, but since read that B'ham have given him a season long deal.....'short-sighted' imo!

There's 3 riders for you....hope that helps with your lack of speedway knowledge.

Not sure why I'm responding to your post....you seem to have trouble accepting someone else's opinion if it's not a red n yellow glow!

I think the reality is that riders are only under threat when a suitable and available alternative is found. However poor or otherwise someone has been until there is something better, things remain the same I'm afraid

23 hours ago, uk_martin said:

No, nor has anyone else.

I guess that the assumption was made because of how quickly previous promotions have been at snapping up riders for the Brummies. who became available mid-season (Henrik Moller, Carig Watson, Phil Morris & Rusty Harrison spring to mind) that the same will apply now. Graham Drury was ruthless enough at the time to make the changes that he saw as being right for the team. Things are different now.

I think the bigger issue is there is not enough riders, the championship is almost the same level as the premiership which is wrong. Against Plymouth the other week was basically the Pederborough side. The riders you mentioned, in those days there were more riders available.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

So it’s fiction not fact ! Can’t be bothered to respond to the rest of it. Just very happy you are not involved with Birmingham because it would be an absolute sh$t show.

Edited by Wow68

5 minutes ago, Wow68 said:

So it’s fiction not fact ! Can’t be bothered to respond to the rest of it. Just very happy you are not involved with Birmingham because it would be an absolute rubbish show.

What ? and it's not now?

350 average gate tells you the story...regardless of how hard 'everyone' is working behind the scenes....and NO, I don't claim that I could much better, before you start throwing your toys...

However, there are one or two things I'd have done differently.

Edited by GiveusaB

3 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

What and it's not now ?

350 average gate tells you the story...regardless of how hard 'everyone' is working behind the scenes....and NO, I don't claim that I could much better, before you start throwing your toys...

However, there are one or two things I'd have done differently.

Put your money where your mouth is and make a difference. No toys this end of the world.

1 minute ago, Wow68 said:

Put your money where your mouth is and make a difference. No toys this end of the world.

I've put more than my fair share of money in to B'ham speedway over the years I don't have to justify myself!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Thanks 1