British Speedway Forum

58 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Just been over Byker, so called in to Brough just to see what was going on. Watched the last dog race, (wish I had the forecast on!!!),,, only souls to be seen was staff and, the dogs. 

BAGS meeting.  Hardly anyone turns up to watch for a BAGS meeting.   Spectators normally attend evening fixtures.

16 minutes ago, StevePark said:

BAGS meeting.  Hardly anyone turns up to watch for a BAGS meeting.   Spectators normally attend evening fixtures.

No, just me and the young-un, bet they thought they had customers, lol!!!

Anyway, he's been to see the 'dog-racers' now, so that's off the list. :t:

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

BAGS, Bookies Afternoon Greyhound Service, meetings are beamed to bookie shops. They are paid for by the bookies and don't depend on "on track" punters.

• Like 1

Some sad News for Diamonds fans who knew George Lawson as he passed away suddenly earlier this week and will be greatly missed by those who knew him.

George was an ardent speedway fan and done all his courting at Brough Park with his sweetheart and best pal Mary who later become his wife and they attended the speedway together with their children and grandchildren and George would travel to watch many a speedway meeting along with his son Doug and his Grandkids Kyle and Emily.

He especially enjoyed his trips to the more local clubs such as Glasgow; Edinburgh Workington; Berwick and Redcar and would rarely miss watching the Diamonds but would also regularly travel further afield for individuals such as the Premier League (Championship) Riders Final especially when it was held at Sheffield. However during his travels George got to every track in the country following the Newcastle Diamonds. He regularly came to Brough on his motor bike and I will certainly miss my hens eggs that he would bring...

RIP George

Sadly missed John...

• Sad 3

On 2/24/2023 at 3:39 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Some sad News for Diamonds fans who knew George Lawson as he passed away suddenly earlier this week and will be greatly missed by those who knew him.

George was an ardent speedway fan and done all his courting at Brough Park with his sweetheart and best pal Mary who later become his wife and they attended the speedway together with their children and grandchildren and George would travel to watch many a speedway meeting along with his son Doug and his Grandkids Kyle and Emily.

He especially enjoyed his trips to the more local clubs such as Glasgow; Edinburgh Workington; Berwick and Redcar and would rarely miss watching the Diamonds but would also regularly travel further afield for individuals such as the Premier League (Championship) Riders Final especially when it was held at Sheffield. However during his travels George got to every track in the country following the Newcastle Diamonds. He regularly came to Brough on his motor bike and I will certainly miss my hens eggs that he would bring...

RIP George

Sadly missed John...

Well put John & George was a smashing bloke RIP George 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 3:39 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

RIP George

Sadly missed John...

Sad news. RIP George. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 6:15 AM, scampispeedway said:

Can I mention that the Tyne Tees Trophy was run over two legs and as Newcastle do not have a Track, Promoter or any Riders registered

in their name who will pay anybody for riding under the Newcastle name for this meeting, I wonder if Redcar will be glad to pay the extra

money hoping that a good crowd attends from Newcastle.

I'm sure that the the BSPA will not sanction a team put out in the name of Newcastle since they stopped many teams from using a former

clubs name from riding at another track, Cradley Heath springs to mind.

They won't sanction a "homeless"  team taking part in a league competition. A one-off challenge match as a select team is fine.

1 hour ago, leander said:

They won't sanction a "homeless"  team taking part in a league competition. A one-off challenge match as a select team is fine.

Birmingham had challenges against a Cradley Select and a Coventry select (which they have again as the Brummies opening meeting on Weds April 12th this year)

Wonder what our select team at Redcar is going to be then..... I am so grateful for the Bears for being able to put this meeting on, although I am unable to attend due to work :(

1. Steve Worrall

2. Max Clegg

3. Lewis Kerr

4. James Wright/Connor Mountain

5. Ben Barker/Richie Worrall

6. Adam Roynon

7. Archie Freeman

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 2

Any Newcastle fans wanting to go down for robbos farewell & the select meetings I'll run a bus/coach if yous want your speedway fix so just message me on the forum & I'll sort it out nee worries 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 12:34 AM, Justgotmecpc said:

Any Newcastle fans wanting to go down for robbos farewell & the select meetings I'll run a bus/coach if yous want your speedway fix so just message me on the forum & I'll sort it out nee worries 

Oh! we nearly fell off the page!!!

Is tha many/any going on Friday for the Redcar v Diamonds Select?

On 3/2/2023 at 7:14 PM, Diamonds85 said:

Wonder what our select team at Redcar is going to be then..... I am so grateful for the Bears for being able to put this meeting on, although I am unable to attend due to work :(

1. Steve Worrall

2. Max Clegg

3. Lewis Kerr

4. James Wright/Connor Mountain

5. Ben Barker/Richie Worrall

6. Adam Roynon

7. Archie Freeman

It’s been announced as

S Worrall

C Mountain

J Wright

P Starke

R Worrall

M Clegg

A Bowtell

If the weather clears up of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

It’s been announced as

S Worrall

C Mountain

J Wright

P Starke

R Worrall

M Clegg

A Bowtell

If the weather clears up of course.

Decent looking side and hopefully will give a very strong Redcar team a challenge... Looking forward to seeing the result, good luck to everyone and I really hope Max gets signed up somewhere soon...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Oh! we nearly fell off the page!!!

Is tha many/any going on Friday for the Redcar v Diamonds Select?

I know of 5 including me & possibly 6 lol weather permitting 

• Like 1

I’ll be going with a very good weather forecast given that I wasted 2 hours and 3 gallons of diesel driving down on a gloriously sunny Sunday just to be sent home.