British Speedway Forum
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich v King's Lynn 11 August

15 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

* I was standing top of Bend 1/2, so it wasn't clear why Klindt was excluded, but apparently he had an engine problem and pulled back from the tapes.  Strict application of the regulations by Chris Gay.

No engine issues that I saw, the clock had counted to zero and he was still off the bike, gardening, then proceeded to get on the bike and pull further back from the tapes and adjusted clutch. Red lights came on and he then came up to tapes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Absolutely the right thing to do, all 4 riders addressed the tapes and klindt starts rolling backwards and forwards messing after the two minutes have passed, clearly delaying the start, it’s a simple rule that isn’t enforced enough frankly, bit like the goalie should only hold the ball 6 seconds in football rule always flouted rarely enforced, we all want speedway meetings to be run more smoothly and efficiently so good on the ref for being brave enough to officiate the situation and rightly exclude klindt, don’t get away with that nonsense in the Grand Prix or on the continent so it’s nothing new to him! 

Who mentioned anything about heat 14? because I didn't!

Doyle jumped the start clearly 3 times out of his 6 rides and Bitchelor also jumped twice. It was actually unbelievable how the referee let one of them go, let alone all 5. Daylight robbery!! The sport is done, dead!

3 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Doyle jumped the start clearly 3 times out of his 6 rides and Bitchelor also jumped twice. It was actually unbelievable how the referee let one of them go, let alone all 5. Daylight robbery!! The sport is done, dead!

Batch didn’t make a start all night!? Haha

doyle made Grand Prix level starts and if we’re pulling him back for them what we saying about 4 out of 5 of Lawson’s efforts from the gate? Or did we miss his flyers through our rose tinted spectacles??

I think Doyle proved on the track when he did miss the start only to come from back and pass both worrall and Klindt with ease that him being first or last out of the gate made little difference….what lost kings lynn the meeting tonight was klindt messing around in heat 14

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

They must put in transponders, this is simply NOT ON!

56 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Batch didn’t make a start all night!? Haha

doyle made Grand Prix level starts and if we’re pulling him back for them what we saying about 4 out of 5 of Lawson’s efforts from the gate? Or did we miss his flyers through our rose tinted spectacles??

I think Doyle proved on the track when he did miss the start only to come from back and pass both worrall and Klindt with ease that him being first or last out of the gate made little difference….what lost kings lynn the meeting tonight was klindt messing around in heat 14

Josh falling off and then Klindt's faux pas :( 

7 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Not for the 1st time these 2 have had beef....

I wondered if they did have some previous .....

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's the sign of a decent side that they can dig themselves out of a hole like that to still pick.up the win :t:

That's two good wins for me tonight :D

Yeah, they are the home team with all the home track experience!

8 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Jason Doyle was magnificent tonight even by his standards   Passing lynn riders. Team riding and slowing down races and taking a tax sub ride all before the biggest GP in 48 hours time. 
whatever he gets paid he is worth every penny.  Love the celebratory wheelies around the bends of the stock car track.  Mr entertainment 

He's ridden Ipswich well all year hasn't  he? 

Great that the Ippo fans have the pleasure of watching Doyley everyweek.He was worth the entrance fee alone when he was at the Abbey he was a pleasure to watch.I miss that  very much, good luck to the Witches for the run in for the title they certainly have character as a team and battle on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Josh falling off and then Klindt's faux pas :( 

Josh’s falling off didn’t have much of an impact on result tbh, batch was passing him on that corner anyway

hope both the lads ok tho, Jorgensen did really well to get the bike down fast and avoid a much much nastier crash

• Like 1

I sit in line with the start gate and some fans do tend to make a 3 course meal out of things.

I think Lynn had possibly two infringments one was called back if i remember correctly, doyle maybe had one but i put it down to him being superior out of the gate, a fraction of a second delay from others can make it look like a jump start when its not

If false starts are what some want to cling on to then you're due an almighty fall 

• Like 2

Can we ride lynn every week plz lol . Got owned yet again . Welcome to the number 1 race jacket josh . Just sit and watch ours pure class

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Story of the season unfortunately, just too inconsistent and not quite good enough, well done Witches.

In the interests of consistency I'll say for the umpteenth time tac subs shouldn't be permitted for home teams. 

It's either April 1st or you guys should work for the BSPA with crackpot ideas like that!

• Like 1