British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

30th August - Plymouth v Redcar

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Should be the track doctors choice tbf! 

As most tracks don’t have a ‘track doctor’ only a hired in paramedic and probably a different one every week , I don’t see that working with any consistency.

2 hours ago, Boothers said:

If anyone seriously thinks that the Redcar promotion coerce or force riders to race, they need to take a good look at themselves. 

This is the report from Oxford speedway website & team manager Peter Schroeck’s exact words about the situation. 

DEPLETED Oxford Chargers gave their everything at West Row yesterday afternoon (Sunday), before Mildenhall Fen Tigers pulled ahead in the closing stages to record a 55-32 victory. It was Chargers’ second defeat to Mildenhall within four days and means that Fen Tigers replace Chargers in fourth position in the National League table, as Chargers slip out of the play-off places.

Chargers were hit by the blow that Jordan Jenkins was back on the sidelines with abdominal damage. He had ridden at Peterborough on Thursday and Redcar on Friday but had wanted to withdraw after two rides from the latter meeting. The Redcar promotion persuaded him to complete the meeting, but the end result is that the 21-year-old Chargers’ skipper was left in considerable pain and advised by Oxford team manager Peter Schroeck to make a hospital visit on Saturday. That visit revealed Jenkins is in no fit state to currently ride a speedway bike.

Speaking post-meeting, Oxford team manager Peter Schroeck said: “Well done to Mildenhall today, but I am proud of the way our lads battled away, despite the huge blow of going into the meeting without Jordan (Jenkins).

“I spoke to Jordan yesterday (Saturday), to see how he was after riding for Redcar on Friday night. He was in a really bad way and in a lot of pain and hadn’t slept during the night. He had wanted to withdraw at Redcar after his first couple of riders up there, but Redcar are pushing for the Championship play-offs and persuaded him to complete the meeting, which he probably shouldn’t have done.

“I told him to go to hospital to go and get himself checked out, because I wasn’t going to have something happen to Jordan on my watch. He went to hospital and the doctors told him he’s got severe abdominal damage. At the moment, he’s having nothing to eat, because he can’t keep his food down. The doctors advised him: ‘No racing, because you’ll just make it worse.’ Jordan was gutted not to be able to ride for us, but the decision was taken out of his hands by the health professionals who told him he must not ride. Of course, I’d love to have Jordan racing for us today, because he would have made such a difference, but I’m not going to risk a young rider’s health to try to get into the play-offs.

I find that statement by oxfords manager really alarming it should be taken out of the young mans hands as he is obviously worried about letting people down.

Charles Wright hurt and withdrawn tonight for Belle Vue.

Hope he’s ok for tomorrow (assuming the Bears management don’t force him to ride of course)

If it’s not true what the Oxford guy says that means it’s slanderous against redcars promotion let’s see if they do anything about what he says or will there silence tell a thousand stories.

• Haha 1

Has the teams been announced Yet ,just seen Charles Wright crash can’t see him been fit for tomorrow nut speedway riders are a different breed 

11 hours ago, dave1075 said:

DEPLETED Oxford Chargers gave their everything at West Row yesterday afternoon (Sunday), before Mildenhall Fen Tigers pulled ahead in the closing stages to record a 55-32 victory. It was Chargers’ second defeat to Mildenhall within four days and means that Fen Tigers replace Chargers in fourth position in the National League table, as Chargers slip out of the play-off places.

Chargers were hit by the blow that Jordan Jenkins was back on the sidelines with abdominal damage. He had ridden at Peterborough on Thursday and Redcar on Friday but had wanted to withdraw after two rides from the latter meeting. The Redcar promotion persuaded him to complete the meeting, but the end result is that the 21-year-old Chargers’ skipper was left in considerable pain and advised by Oxford team manager Peter Schroeck to make a hospital visit on Saturday. That visit revealed Jenkins is in no fit state to currently ride a speedway bike.

Speaking post-meeting, Oxford team manager Peter Schroeck said: “Well done to Mildenhall today, but I am proud of the way our lads battled away, despite the huge blow of going into the meeting without Jordan (Jenkins).

“I spoke to Jordan yesterday (Saturday), to see how he was after riding for Redcar on Friday night. He was in a really bad way and in a lot of pain and hadn’t slept during the night. He had wanted to withdraw at Redcar after his first couple of riders up there, but Redcar are pushing for the Championship play-offs and persuaded him to complete the meeting, which he probably shouldn’t have done.

“I told him to go to hospital to go and get himself checked out, because I wasn’t going to have something happen to Jordan on my watch. He went to hospital and the doctors told him he’s got severe abdominal damage. At the moment, he’s having nothing to eat, because he can’t keep his food down. The doctors advised him: ‘No racing, because you’ll just make it worse.’ Jordan was gutted not to be able to ride for us, but the decision was taken out of his hands by the health professionals who told him he must not ride. Of course, I’d love to have Jordan racing for us today, because he would have made such a difference, but I’m not going to risk a young rider’s health to try to get into the play-offs.

Not exactly unusual for one club to say one thing and the other club something completely different. Those of us that know the truth will not worry about what  has been said as there was a similar issue with a midland club over a track surface , it’s basically club propaganda and I doubt anyone will justify it with any comment at all.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 2

From Bears press release 

Redcar bring in the in-form Richard Lawson at number 3 whilst Jordan Jenkins will make a late decision about his availability due to his ongoing abdominal muscle injury. The Bears have lined up Henry Atkins as a guest if Jenkins is unavailable

Jenkins making the decision if he’s fit enough. 

Some frankly ridiculous posts on this thread.

7 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

From Bears press release 

Redcar bring in the in-form Richard Lawson at number 3 whilst Jordan Jenkins will make a late decision about his availability due to his ongoing abdominal muscle injury. The Bears have lined up Henry Atkins as a guest if Jenkins is unavailable

Jenkins making the decision if he’s fit enough. 

Some frankly ridiculous posts on this thread.

Apparently the staff who sell the pies at Redcar watched the Charles Wright crash and have advised the promotion he is unable to ride tonight, they are monitoring Jenkins and will make a decision later on whether to force him to ride!  - You know you can't believe the press releases - THE TRUTH WILL OUT

• Haha 3

Charles Wright Racing

FB

| UPDATE

After a heavy fall last night I'm feeling very second hand. I've been carrying a shoulder injury all season and landed hard on it last night.

This unfortunately rules me out of the trip to Plymouth tonight to help the Bears grab that vital last point needed.

I know the boys can do it!

13 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Apparently the staff who sell the pies at Redcar watched the Charles Wright crash and have advised the promotion he is unable to ride tonight, they are monitoring Jenkins and will make a decision later on whether to force him to ride!  - You know you can't believe the press releases - THE TRUTH WILL OUT

Yes but WhAtS iN ThE PiEs……!!!!

They know we are on to them!