British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

30th August - Plymouth v Redcar

Against all the odds this season with injuries and bad luck, the Gladiators are playoff bound and it’s now just down to the final two fixtures to determine if it’s 4th/5th or 6th place that they’ll finish in.

Team wise, guests will be needed for Kennett, Barker and I’d imagine Palm-Toft. Something tells me the guests booked for this meeting and the Glasgow one will have a view to the playoffs attached.

12 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Against all the odds this season with injuries and bad luck, the Gladiators are playoff bound and it’s now just down to the final two fixtures to determine if it’s 4th/5th or 6th place that they’ll finish in.

Team wise, guests will be needed for Kennett, Barker and I’d imagine Palm-Toft. Something tells me the guests booked for this meeting and the Glasgow one will have a view to the playoffs attached.

It'll be just the Redcar Match that decides play off positions from 4th to 6th (and 7th)

Plymouth have a superior points differential over Edinburgh so could win v Redcar and finish 4th and play Edinburgh who finish 5th if that happens.

Redcar could get a 4 point away win and finish 5th and play Edniburgh leaving Plymouth 6th to play Poole.

If Redcar draw or lose by less than 6 points they pip Scunthorpe for 6th place.

I've read on Plymouth website that the re-arranged Glasgow Home match is on Tuesday 6th September. That will count in final league positions but WON'T count in play off calculation as the final cut-off is Wednesday 31st August.

By riding it though they avoid a hefty fine from BSPL. 

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

It'll be just the Redcar Match that decides play off positions from 4th to 6th (and 7th)

Plymouth have a superior points differential over Edinburgh so could win v Redcar and finish 4th and play Edinburgh who finish 5th if that happens.

Redcar could get a 4 point away win and finish 5th and play Edniburgh leaving Plymouth 6th to play Poole.

If Redcar draw or lose by less than 6 points they pip Scunthorpe for 6th place.

I've read on Plymouth website that the re-arranged Glasgow Home match is on Tuesday 6th September. That will count in final league positions but WON'T count in play off calculation as the final cut-off is Wednesday 31st August.

By riding it though they avoid a hefty fine from BSPL. 

Happy Birthday Eddie Kennett!!!!:cheers:

39 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

I imagine Redcar will turn up with Lawson for Riss.

Plymouth will probably use r/r for Barker because Palm Toft is a second string. As a Scunny fan my fear is Plymouth turn up with two cheap guests because they have got nothing to ride for.

Is Dan Gilkes back? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eric i said:

I imagine Redcar will turn up with Lawson for Riss.

Plymouth will probably use r/r for Barker because Palm Toft is a second string. As a Scunny fan my fear is Plymouth turn up with two cheap guests because they have got nothing to ride for.

Is Dan Gilkes back? 

Plymouth will be going  all out for a comprehensive win,Scunthorpe could still be in the playoffs. 

My guess would, because we are still on the old averages:

R.Worrall (G) , Morley, R/R for Barker, Flint (G), Andersen, Complin and Coles 

5 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

My guess would, because we are still on the old averages:

R.Worrall (G) , Morley, R/R for Barker, Flint (G), Andersen, Complin and Coles 

Not sure I would be giving a Leicester rider extra practice!!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Don’t you really  a rider like Worrall needs extra practice.!,

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t you really  a rider like Worrall needs extra practice.!,

Will only help! Especially in the decision  on who to choose if Plymouth make it through to SF. 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure Leicester would pick Plymouth in any semi final - didn't they only get 30 point there in the League and Plymough got over 40 at Leicester?

If Plymouth make semi's I think Leicester might fancy Poole a bit more?

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not sure Leicester would pick Plymouth in any semi final - didn't they only get 30 point there in the League and Plymough got over 40 at Leicester?

You don’t if Poole will be in the semi’s though.

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Leicester's defeat there was quite early in the season though, when the only person Plymouth was missing was EK. 

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

That kind of logic seems to be beyond some fans. Despite fact Leicester beat Poole home and away apparently Leicester won't "touch them with a barge pole" for no other reason than they're Poole. Leicester may take Edinburgh as did same against them and save on their gaffers travelling expenses :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1