British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

I've been a supporter of Peterborough Speedway since the introduction in 1970.and as much as I've enjoyed some unbelievable years and some terrific racing, I.would sooner it all come to an end now rather than.later. Pull the plug now, rather than end up as the leagues whipping boys. Management, owners all seem.to have lost interest and I honestly don't think Chapman will waste anymore of his money  in trying  to bolster the squad.

It was never going to be a brilliant 1-7 this season as we left it far too.late in getting rider's signed up. Inevitably we've ended up with riders nobody else wanted and early results prove my point.

I honestly cant see it improving so turn off the lights, lock the gates and let's all remember the good times !

Edited by pleasureboy60
Spelling wrong

14 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

I've been a supporter of Peterborough Speedway since the introduction in 1970.and as much as I've enjoyed some unbelievable years and some terrific racing, I.would sooner it all come to an end now rather than.later. Pull the plug now, rather than end up as the leagues whipping boys. Management, owners all seem.to have lost interest and I honestly don't think Chapman will waste anymore of his money  in trying  to bolster the squad.

It was never going to be a brilliant 1-7 this season as we left it far too.late in getting rider's signed up. Inevitably we've ended up with riders nobody else wanted and early results prove my point.

I honestly cant see it improving so turn off the lights, lock the gates and let's all remember the good times !

Completely agree. Shut everything down.

The club can compensate season ticket holders by sending them a DVD of our win in 2006 vs Reading.

6 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Completely agree. Shut everything down.

The club can compensate season ticket holders by sending them a DVD of our win in 2006 vs Reading.

Agreeing twice with Bratters in one day, that's a collectors item!

13 hours ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Thankfully some people are waking up and realising that AEPG throwing their weight around and everyone off site, and turning it into a car park, does in no way mean that they are anywhere near the prize of getting their plans approved. We are now in the trenches stage with hand to hand fighting next up.

Mick Bratley just gave an excellent interview on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, talking about what the club means to him (as a 50 year fan which included his promotional tenure with the unforgettable 2006 (although not mentioned)), what the situation currently is as we all know it, and what could/should be the final outcome? Basically that means incorporating Peterborough Speedway in any new development or relocation at the expense of AEPG or their masters as detailed in LP 30 (amusingly PCC were reported not to be aware of the protection order in their own plan :D)

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

He likes his erm's, challenger for Darren Moore of the Owls lol. Seriously, we need to support Mick, as he seems to be the only person who is willing to bring this issue into the public eye.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, proud panther said:

He likes his erm's, challenger for Darren Moore of the Owls lol. Seriously, we need to support Mick, as he seems to be the only person who is willing to bring this issue into the public eye.

At least he cares more than the current owner who no doubt is just waiting to hear if he gets any compensation and how much it will be .

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Having listened to micks radio interview and spoken to MT the way forward is certainly to support what Mick Bratley is saying as and where we can. 

The development seems so disorganized and this could potentially be the only thing that plays into the panthers hand. Here’s hoping for a miracle 

42 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

At least he cares more than the current owner who no doubt is just waiting to hear if he gets any compensation and how much it will be .

My impression is that the timing suits our current owner - he’s had enough and gets out with compensation!  

1 hour ago, proud panther said:

It's an age thing. We need more thinking time as we lose brain cells: speaking personally of course and not for Bratters!

Mick's the man in such times of crisis and you want to be on his side. Only orion and a few from the former fun palace of WWoS thought differently ;)

AEPG clearly thought/think that this will go through with a nod so it's great that people like Mick are now waking people up to the fact that only AEPG seem to feel that they've got an easy run through.

They don't want a fuss. Just look at a quote from Monday's meeting with the locals: "At one point AEPG asked residents not to discuss matters on social media" - which shows a lack of understanding of the world we now live in, that was the response from Cllr Stevenson as mentioned in Bratters interview.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, maneacat said:

My impression is that the timing suits our current owner - he’s had enough and gets out with compensation!  

Correct this is the biggest hurdle for me.  This is where we need to hear from MT 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Correct this is the biggest hurdle for me.  This is where we need to hear from MT 

We only need to hear when something is agreed and in black & white. Drip feeding rumours, speculation, decisions not agreed and a wish list helps nobody and just seems to rile people like Buster. When will people learn?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maneacat said:

I’m not so sure about compensation, I think that’s misguided. In real terms as things stand, Buster has nothing to sell and a buyer for the club has nothing to buy, apart from a club name on a Speedway licence.

I think all criticism of Buster is unfair, he’s doing his best for sure in my opinion, he IS a good guy and does want the club to survive. It’s not easy running a Speedway club and very often, actually always, it’s about mitigating losses rather than making a profit.

There certainly won’t be any compensation from AEPG unless they comply with the Peterborough Local Plan and specifically policy LP40, where they should provide a new facility. But seemingly some councillors haven’t read the local plan since it was made available in 2016. It’s a tough read though. LOL (Page78 is relevant to Panthers, the document is on the Peterborough City Council website).

Edited by Mick Bratley
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

We only need to hear when something is agreed and in black & white. Drip feeding rumours, speculation, decisions not agreed and a wish list helps nobody and just seems to rile people like Buster. When will people learn?

He needs to at least  come out and say what his intentions are,  by keeping silent hes just letting people form there negative opinions of him from his apparent lack of interest in saving the club he owns,

Peterborough fans then know the score , he's said practically nothing since the announcement of the Panthers racing in 2023 at the end of  the 2022 season what does he expect.

Edited by scoobydoo