British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just watched the BSN coverage from Thursday and every time they mentioned Peterborough's demise they kept prefixing it with the word "potentially". Buster says definitely everybody else says potentially... something dodgy going on

Might be due to the petition ect gathering momentum. There has been people  close to this saying a while ago, that  as it stands, this is the last season..

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just watched the BSN coverage from Thursday and every time they mentioned Peterborough's demise they kept prefixing it with the word "potentially". Buster says definitely everybody else says potentially... something dodgy going on

I agree, if Chapman is sure the club is going to shut why doesn't he sell the club that is about to become almost worthless. The rider assets could be transferred to Kings lynn, all he would be selling is the track, fence and tapes. He has either taken cash from the developers or he thinks they might be able to carry on.......I hope its the latter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, eric i said:

I agree, if Chapman is sure the club is going to shut why doesn't he sell the club that is about to become almost worthless. The rider assets could be transferred to Kings lynn, all he would be selling is the track, fence and tapes. He has either taken cash from the developers or he thinks they might be able to carry on.......I hope its the latter.

No one wants it. MT said he did at the start of the season, i know this is true btw, and that fell through. People say he still wants it. TBH i don't think he does. If he wants it, he wants it for nothing imho. His buddy CJ said in a statement when he jacked, that they was looking for a new site, and that they have one waiting in the same statement. Make of it what you will. We will see soon enough i guess..

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No one wants it. MT said he did at the start of the season, i know this is true, and that fell through. People say he still wants it. TBH i don't think he does. If he wants it, he wants it for nothing. 

What about the consortium that Mick Bratley said on the radio had approached him about taking the club over? Or Ged looking to get the club back, with Neil Watson involved? I’ve no insider info but there seems to be enough talk around to suggest there is truth in the stories that others are keen to take the club on…..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

No one wants it. MT said he did at the start of the season, i know this is true, and that fell through. People say he still wants it. TBH i don't think he does. If he wants it, he wants it for nothing. 

yer but he might as well sell it for next to nothing if he can't be arsed to fight the cause it won't be worth much very soon.

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

What about the consortium that Mick Bratley said on the radio had approached him about taking the club over? Or Ged looking to get the club back, with Neil Watson involved? I’ve no insider info but there seems to be enough talk around to suggest there is truth in the stories that others are keen to take the club on…..

Well lets hear from these people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eric i said:

yer but he might as well sell it for next to nothing if he can't be arsed to fight the cause it won't be worth much very soon.

Looks like all it's worth now if it's going to close is what the air fence, and other fencing is worth, the shale, but most PB fans on here think it's crap anyway, the name maybe?, and any equipment that Buster owns. It has been said many months ago that if they shut the Showground they have to provide another venue. Although i've not heard this mentioned for a while now.. Who knows?

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

I think this must be the case. Also quite a while ago on here it was said that he declined an offer of his full asking price for the Panthers.

He might be in the dark ages, stubborn, and other things, but he's not stupid enough to turn down a full asking price offer.. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well lets hear from these people.

We have and they're in this group 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We have and they're in this group 

Well i must of missed it Flappy.. There are only 2 people on this thread that might have me believing them tbh. I know you trying to help these save the Panthers, so you should know. I'm always open to a PM.

Edited by Bald Bloke

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looks like all it's worth now if it's going to close is what the air fence, and other fencing is worth, the shale, but most PB fans on here think it's crap anyway, the name maybe?, and any equipment that Buster owns. It has been said many months ago that if they shut the Showground they have to provide another venue. Although i've not heard this mentioned for a while now.. Who knows?

I would be surprised if they bought more land for a speedway venue, it would probably be easier/cheaper for them to let them carry on as they are.

If the speedway is closed in a few weeks time we can expect Chapman to come out swinging with a campaign to save the Panthers if he goes out with a whimper we can assume hes taken the cash.

Edited by eric i
  • Like 2

Just now, eric i said:

I would be surprised if they bought more land for a speedway venue, it would probably be easier/cheaper for them to let them carry on as they are.

If the speedway is closed in a few weeks time we can expect Chapman to come out swinging with a campaign to save the Panthers if he goes out with whimper we can assume hes taken the cash.

So am i, but that's what TM said at the beginning of the season, and CJ said it again since,  when he jacked.

Why is it taking so long to announce the final meeting against Kings Lynn?

Edited by pleasureboy60
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Why is it taking so long to announce the final meeting against Kings Lynn?

Dunno. Rider availability maybe. It will cost Buster 90 points either way.

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He might be in the dark ages, stubborn, and other things, but he's not stupid enough to turn down a full asking price offer.. 

Well he has turned down a full asking price offer so he is either stupid or has a better offer maybe from the developer ? 

• Like 3