British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, chun said:

pickering for bellego is the kind of switch i was thinking

Sheffield had to be below the points limit to make a change like that.

I think a possible skeleton team should include Sayfutinov at number 1 and Rew and D. Thomson at reserve, however much I love Doyle we may have to let him go so we have more strength in the mid team.

That's if Sayfutinov wants to stay! 

4 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

I think a possible skeleton team should include Sayfutinov at number 1 and Rew and D. Thomson at reserve, however much I love Doyle we may have to let him go so we have more strength in the mid team.

That's if Sayfutinov wants to stay! 

So many variables in what any kind of league structure in the uk is going look like next year but going off of current averages and the same 39 plus rising star team building as this year is go for something like

emil

rew

tarasenko

king

doyle

new euro 4 point youngster

dan t

if tarasenko stays a 5 because he hasn’t ridden enough meetings and the usual 2.5% reduction for king this would come in a shade under 39

16 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Riss rode well at Redcar tonight. Gating well, had speed and showed lots of aggression. Hopefully this is the turning point.

Lets hope so, never like to see any rider struggling and below par - 11+2 best return this season is it?

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

I'm watching Berwick v Edinburgh,,, and there is a young dane called Bastian Borke,,,, he would be well worth a shot at reserve next year,,, or even given a go this year,,,, a proper racer,,, a future star according to Hans Neilsen,,, I doubt Louis has ever heard of him but defo worth a look imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I'm watching Berwick v Edinburgh,,, and there is a young dane called Bastian Borke,,,, he would be well worth a shot at reserve next year,,, or even given a go this year,,,, a proper racer,,, a future star according to Hans Neilsen,,, I doubt Louis has ever heard of him but defo worth a look imo

Yes he was very impressive tonight but so was jonas Knudsen last year but hasn’t really improved much this season. 
I do agree the club doesn’t seem to be proactive with getting new talent in. 

13 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Yes he was very impressive tonight but so was jonas Knudsen last year but hasn’t really improved much this season. 
I do agree the club doesn’t seem to be proactive with getting new talent in. 

He's the sort of rider that the crowd would take to,,, because he actually tries to make passes

34 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He's the sort of rider that the crowd would take to,,, because he actually tries to make passes

Definitely. I’d seen him on EMTV and he struggled with the small track but he definitely has lots of potential.  If only we had a open meeting to try out new talent 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 12:51 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Or indeed the correct Spelling 

Whooosh! ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Lets hope so, never like to see any rider struggling and below par - 11+2 best return this season is it?

I think he scored the same in his first meeting back for Redcar after his lay off before his struggles. He made 5 gates and got passed twice that night. He rode far better last night though, showed a lot more aggression and determination.

15 hours ago, 89buttons said:

So many variables in what any kind of league structure in the uk is going look like next year but going off of current averages and the same 39 plus rising star team building as this year is go for something like

emil

rew

tarasenko

king

doyle

new euro 4 point youngster

dan t

if tarasenko stays a 5 because he hasn’t ridden enough meetings and the usual 2.5% reduction for king this would come in a shade under 39

Personally I wouldn’t have King in there far to frustrating & goes missing when you need him in key heats

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

I think he scored the same in his first meeting back for Redcar after his lay off before his struggles. He made 5 gates and got passed twice that night. He rode far better last night though, showed a lot more aggression and determination.

He is a real question mark for Ipswich, if he is able to come back to form next season then he is a steal on likely a 5 or lower average.

49 minutes ago, Arthur73 said:

He is a real question mark for Ipswich, if he is able to come back to form next season then he is a steal on likely a 5 or lower average.

His average is going to be just over 3 which would make a brilliant reserve. Would allow us to hopefully keep Jason and Emil. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

His average is going to be just over 3 which would make a brilliant reserve. Would allow us to hopefully keep Jason and Emil. 

As a non Brit it will be 4 regardless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

A steal on a 5,,,,,yeah OK :blink: