British Speedway Forum

As nobody has started yet, I hear from what I hear not always a reliable source of info but potentially 42.5 point limit with no rising star

So, I will start with what I would like to see as a 1-7 

1. Jason Doyle
2. Frederik Jakobsen
3. Rohan Tungate
4. Erik Riss
5. Danny King
6. Paul Starke
7. Danyon Hume

Most likely no chance of Jakobsen but he was class at Foxhall this season

A likely scenario would see Jakobsen/Tungate swapped for Batch & well if the Brits still get a reduction or any further average manipulation maybe you could get Batch in with Tungate or someone like Morris

Just off the top of my head who has impressed me visiting Foxhall this season who would be good additions Jakobsen, Basso, & Becker stand out, would be interesting to fit in Klindt who is due a season at Foxhall after the Covid debacle, Klindt with Doyle would probably leave too long a tail 

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

As nobody has started yet, I hear from what I hear not always a reliable source of info but potentially 42.5 point limit with no rising star

So, I will start with what I would like to see as a 1-7 

1. Jason Doyle
2. Frederik Jakobsen
3. Rohan Tungate
4. Erik Riss
5. Danny King
6. Paul Starke
7. Danyon Hume

Most likely no chance of Jakobsen but he was class at Foxhall this season

A likely scenario would see Jakobsen/Tungate swapped for Batch & well if the Brits still get a reduction or any further average manipulation maybe you could get Batch in with Tungate or someone like Morris

Just off the top of my head who has impressed me visiting Foxhall this season who would be good additions Jakobsen, Basso, & Becker stand out, would be interesting to fit in Klindt who is due a season at Foxhall after the Covid debacle, Klindt with Doyle would probably leave too long a tail 

With the news coming out of Swindon I can see Doyle staying put next year.

The rest is up in the air, although I have a hunch Basso could be here next year.

If Doyle is here could he be the guy to get Kemp firing? Local lad bags of talent but so far a huge disappointment.

Doyle, King, Batchelor, Riss +3 others.

JackWith Doyles average being so high,, we really will need riders on averages that must go up. I think we can already pencil in Doyle and King and then it will be whatever load of old ship that fits with not much effort or thought put into it. 

There are some really good young Danes,, Latvians,, Croatians out there at the moment that won't even get looked at. 

Anyway,,, other riders I wouldn't mind seeing or seeing again,,,, Tungate, Basso, Morris, Howarth. Becker Brennan Jakobsen. 

Tbh, Doyle +6 others and I’ll be getting a season ticket again. 

He’s absolutely box office, pure class, pure entertainment all season.

with summers retiring can see it being the straight swap for Erik back in, still comes under 42.5 

agree with baldy above tho would be nice to see some of these young guns from the continent enticed over here, was several on show in the SoN who looked well worth a punt

18 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Tbh, Doyle +6 others and I’ll be getting a season ticket again. 

with summers retiring can see it being the straight swap for Erik back in, still comes under 42.5 

agree with baldy above tho would be nice to see some of these young guns from the continent enticed over here, was several on show in the SoN who looked well worth a punt

100%. Saw this tweet today, unbelievable stats really

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

With all due respect he has little to test him in the PL unlike the SGP's where his form is not what it was to say the least !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAST GATER said:

With all due respect he has little to test him in the PL unlike the SGP's where his form is not what it was to say the least !

With all due respect we’re not talking about the GP’s are we? Before the season started on the predictions thread, plenty said Doyle would be eclipsed this year by Fricke and Holder and would be demoted to third best Aussie. That went well..

He hasn’t missed a meeting all season, the effort he’s put in to every meeting and every ride has been clearly visible, dominant and entertaining. Been a privilege to watch him this year and if finance allows and he wants to return, should be the first name on the team sheet regardless of his high average. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 6

Looking at this year's side the Batch gamble didn't pay off & to be honest I think that's down to the way king has gone backwards this year.

Batch has upped his average & in all honesty performed to the level expected.

No idea what was up with Rowe this year but last night he looked more like the rider he is 

If Rowe's troubles are behind him I go along the lines of 

1 Doyle

2 Basso

4 Riss

6 Hume

7 Rowe/AN other

Although you would need a solid 2nd heat leader 

Louis and guy Nichols need to hit a big reset button this winter, I’d be going and getting Alan Rossi yet if I’m honest. He been there and done it, always seemed to be a good motivator and him and Doyle enjoyed a lot success together 

• Like 1

Not sure I would keep Doyle to be honest. He has been good this year, but like Baldyman I can't stand him. He takes too many points from the points limit and we would end up with a similar team to this year, plus he is taking almost another 1.5 points compared to this season. Yes, they made the play-offs but lacked the bite last night. I would go with a similar team to BV, strength in depth. Definitely no Batchelor as he bottles it and gives up too many times.

Doyley has been immense for us this year, not only scoring those big points, but loaning engines, helmets and taking Danyon and just recently Anders under his wing. Personally,  sad though it would be, I'd let Danny go and make Jason the proper Captain. 

Eric and Danyon as well, and if he could behave himself Ben would also be my choice for second reserve along with Danyon. Ben had a massive impact in the pits, which transferred on track somehow,  and his suspension coincided with our rapid drop in form, although I have no quibbles with Aaron,  he did his job and I hope he enjoys his retirement. 

As for the rest, who knows,  but please more teams definitely needed in this league. 

• Like 1