British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Sheffield Tigers v King's Lynn Stars, League Cup Final 1st Leg, 29/09/22

9 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

No, I understand the police closed the road. What I don’t understand is why they allowed greyhound dogs/trainers/staff in but won’t allow speedway riders/staff, fans in 

So you expect the greyhound’s to be caged up all day and night with no food or excercise? Your probably think it’s ok to leave a dog in a car with the windows up on the hottest day of the year !!!! The police advised Sheffield speedway not to open as it would add extra pressure on the road network outside the stadium. If you had been in the area all day you would understand that. Simple !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

So you expect the greyhound’s to be caged up all day and night with no food or excercise? You’re probably think it’s ok to leave a dog in a car with the windows up on the hottest day of the year !!!! The police advised Sheffield speedway not to open as it would add extra pressure on the road network outside the stadium. If you had been in the area all day you would understand that. Simple !!!

Road works put stress on the road networks on event days but they still have em.

And you just added more fuel for my hate towards Sheffield. You lock the dogs in cages at the stadium all day. 

what a horrible lot the Sheffield people are 

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Road works put stress on the road networks on event days but they still have em.

And you just added more fuel for my hate towards Sheffield. You lock the dogs in cages at the stadium all day. 

isn't this the case for ALL greyhound operations, hence it being an abhorent 'sport' ??? 

ps the sheffield people are well renowned for being the friendliest in the world hence it's reputation as being the 'biggest village in the world' 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The SAINT said:

isn't this the case for ALL greyhound operations, hence it being an abhorent 'sport' ??? 

ps the sheffield people are well renowned for being the friendliest in the world hence it's reputation as being the 'biggest village in the world' 

Very friendly when throwing multiple objects on to the field at the football recently with the game close to being abandoned due to the seriousness.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very friendly when throwing multiple objects on to the field at the football recently with the game close to being abandoned due to the seriousness.....

a couple of drunken idiots is all it was (doesn't every place have them ) ? 

4 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

It wasn’t roadworks was it ? One part of the incident was the road leading to the car park which was taped off. So no access to car park which in turn puts stress on getting parked near the stadium and about 1500 people having to pass through the area cordoned off by the police so the stadium wasn’t accessible. The access for people who work there has no turnstiles                           Where do you think other stadiums keep greyhounds ? In the main bar ? 

It wasn’t roadworks was it ? One part of the incident was the road leading to the car park which was taped off. So no access to car park which in turn puts stress on getting parked near the stadium and about 1500 people having to pass through the area cordoned off by the police so the stadium wasn’t accessible. The access for people who work there has no turnstiles                           Where do you think other stadiums keep greyhounds ? In the main bar ? 

I assumed the dogs are taken home by their owners. Not kept at the stadium 

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I assumed the dogs are taken home by their owners. Not kept at the stadium 

Well my father in law use to keep 2 down there. Aswell as the stadium been shut the college was shut which is adjacent to the first and second bends 

Well my father in law use to keep 2 down there. Aswell as the stadium been shut the college was shut which is adjacent to the first and second bends 

Strange set up that. Assume the same dogs are raced at Sheffield all the time then 

Maybe the difference is that you could access the rear entrance to the stadium, but the incident literally blocked the entrance to the front entrance and car park. Probably a difference in numbers of people attending as well - don’t think the dogs is open to the public in the afternoon (could be wrong on that front though).

My daughter normally goes dancing just down the road before speedway, they were advised by the police that they couldn’t open either. They had been told in the morning that the road would re-open early afternoon, but at around 4 they were told by the police that they couldn’t be sure when it would be open and so advised them to shut up shop for the day

On 9/30/2022 at 8:03 PM, Charlieboy said:

Yes they did mate. Think it was near the old pits area where they used to weight the dogs I think. 

You used  to be able to adopt retired greyhounds from the track a few years back - assume they have some sort of kennels there