British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

You mean the honest Buster that called a meeting off because he couldn't get a replacement pitgate latch? The honest Buster that called a meeting off because he couldn't get a replacement part for the stadium lights? 

Public statements & honesty is not one of Buster's strong points :lol::t:

Don't forget the fake heart attack

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I believe Alex 100%

All is not well at KL, Putting two and two together in regards to Brady's tweets I think he quit KL due to the abuse he was getting, The having to defend myself line is very telling imo.

Also sounds like KL management aren't working as a team with nobody else checking up on Picko when injured......Funny enough Peterborough's management aren't on the same page either.

Coincidence?

One man, moving goalposts, 2 progressive sponsors wanting the respective club put off, well I never

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TTT said:

I believe Alex 100%

All is not well at KL, Putting two and two together in regards to Brady's tweets I think he quit KL due to the abuse he was getting, The having to defend myself line is very telling imo.

Also sounds like KL management aren't working as a team with nobody else checking up on Picko when injured......Funny enough Peterborough's management aren't on the same page either.

Coincidence?

I don't think your correct there on the high lighted parts.  The rest i don't know..  But I can post the following which is 100% accurate.

I spoke to Alex after the BV meeting, as i said on the day...  It's a decision he had to make regarding his personal life He explained the situation in a bit more detail than in his statement, which i will not repeat.  But it was a decision he had to make with regards his personal life. He did talk briefly about finances, (i won't mention any figures) saying  "And trust me when i say i'm leaving it healthy financially"  At no time did he say it had anything to do with any abuse either..  In fact he never mentioned it.. But i can say that he said "i'm honestly heartbroken to have to do it, but there the bare facts of it. Always appreciate your support and honesty ever since we spoke at the rained off Sheffield match in 21". 

No doubt any abuse he got wasn't nice, or deserved imho. But according to Alex,  that was not the reason.

Alex has said that is fine with me sharing some parts, as its 100% accurate, which i have done. . It might make things a bit clearer to some.

I have read Alex's Twitter, and i believe what he is saying  around the JP thing..100%. I hope he isn't still getting abuse, and can be left  alone to sort the most important things to him out in peace.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

One man, moving goalposts, 2 progressive sponsors wanting the respective club put off, well I never

I stand by my opinion that a certain sponsor knew Holder was a no go. But tried to do it anyway. That's where that one went wrong. Dummy out, the 2 fell out.. Goal posts never moved..

Regarding the goings on at Lynn. Buster had no choice but to step in, that or shut shop. But other than that, i wouldn't be confident of them goal posts not moving a bit. Transparency is what us Lynn fans need now, from Buster.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I stand by my opinion that a certain sponsor knew Holder was a no go. But tried to do it anyway. That's where that one went wrong. Dummy out, the 2 fell out.. Goal posts never moved..

Regarding the goings on at Lynn. Buster had no choice but to step in, that or shut shop. But other than that, i wouldn't be confident of them goal posts not moving a bit. Transparency is what us Lynn fans need now, from Buster.

Don’t hold yer breath for transparency from Chapman BB! He is a slippery slimy operator without an ounce of respect. It’s all about him and screw the rest. You only need to hear him speak, he’s a thick as 5 short planks. He hasn’t the intelligence to be anything other than deceitful, just look back at some of the pathetic antics he’s pulled or tried to pull…what an idiot, the man has no scruples. The sooner the KL fans and sport gets rid him the better it will be. 

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think your correct there on the high lighted parts.  The rest i don't know..  But I can post the following which is 100% accurate.

I spoke to Alex after the BV meeting, as i said on the day...  It's a decision he had to make regarding his personal life He explained the situation in a bit more detail than in his statement, which i will not repeat.  But it was a decision he had to make with regards his personal life. He did talk briefly about finances, (i won't mention any figures) saying  "And trust me when i say i'm leaving it healthy financially"  At no time did he say it had anything to do with any abuse either..  In fact he never mentioned it.. But i can say that he said "i'm honestly heartbroken to have to do it, but there the bare facts of it. Always appreciate your support and honesty ever since we spoke at the rained off Sheffield match in 21". 

No doubt any abuse he got wasn't nice, or deserved imho. But according to Alex,  that was not the reason.

Alex has said that is fine with me sharing some parts, as its 100% accurate, which i have done. . It might make things a bit clearer to some.

I have read Alex's Twitter, and i believe what he is saying  around the JP thing..100%. I hope he isn't still getting abuse, and can be left  alone to sort the most important things to him out in peace.

I'd heard something pretty similar from via a close connection to Alex. Certainly seems its his personal side has come into play here and nothing to do with KL or speedway, so no point trying to read any more into the situation than that.

Also don't forget Alex brought in Kye to be able to fit Artem in as it couldn't just be a straight 1:1 swap with KK due to the averages. The intention was always to bring Picko back once fit - and depending on averages / performance of other riders in the team at that time depended on who he would / could replace. Obviously with Alex now dropping out and Buster having to step back in that unfortunately hasn't happened.

The strange one for me was Freddie leaving 'due to Poland' - coincidence that he went at the same time as Alex or not??

14 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Don’t hold yer breath for transparency from Chapman BB! He is a slippery slimy operator without an ounce of respect. It’s all about him and screw the rest. You only need to hear him speak, he’s a thick as 5 short planks. He hasn’t the intelligence to be anything other than deceitful, just look back at some of the pathetic antics he’s pulled or tried to pull…what an idiot, the man has no scruples. The sooner the KL fans and sport gets rid him the better it will be. 

Well this comment isn't as bad as your last one, i guess :)

"The sooner he packs up his cabbage patch track and sh**hole stadium and get on his tractor and out of the sport the better"

19 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

I'd heard something pretty similar from via a close connection to Alex. Certainly seems its his personal side has come into play here and nothing to do with KL or speedway, so no point trying to read any more into the situation than that.

Also don't forget Alex brought in Kye to be able to fit Artem in as it couldn't just be a straight 1:1 swap with KK due to the averages. The intention was always to bring Picko back once fit - and depending on averages / performance of other riders in the team at that time depended on who he would / could replace. Obviously with Alex now dropping out and Buster having to step back in that unfortunately hasn't happened.

The strange one for me was Freddie leaving 'due to Poland' - coincidence that he went at the same time as Alex or not??

Alex spoke a little about Fred in the same conversation that night, with his last comment of.. " So IF he has decided to go. I know absolutely nothing about it".  I can't tell you anymore than that . Thats all i was told.. And I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I can't understand all the palava over the Pickering "saga" I feel it's a situation where no one is to blame for anything, but some are trying to blame people for everything?

It made sense for Lynn to drop Josh when making a double change (he was injured) they also said they wanted to try & bring him back when fit (obviously could have replaced Jakobsen when he quit) so I don't see how even Josh's most ardent fan could say he was hard done by. Also don't understand comments I've seen of people laughing at Lynn, saying they shouldn't have dropped him!

Personally I think it was a "win/win" situation for Lynn, it gave Klindt, Jakobsen & Jorgensen time to find their form, then once Pickering was available, they could drop the weakest of the three (average permitting) to bring him back.

I see Buster Chapman says he wouldn't have dropped Josh, which is easy to say, but he doesn't say what he would have done! Does that mean he wouldn't have signed Laguta or would've dropped Klindt / Jakobsen / Jorgensen, while using guests for Josh - odd of that would be his plan?

I do feel Lynn should be congratulated for making signings to cover injuries, especially as so many fans moan constantly about too many guests being used. For once Lynn were proactive, but still get grief!

Obviously Josh had a choice of going back to Lynn or joining Sheffield (or Ipswich of they wanted him) that's his perrogrative, Lynn can't moan about that, but will obviously feel disappointed.

The thing I feel most sorry for Lynn is when Pickering had a great season for Sheffield, they then dropped him (due to a high average) but Lynn were willing to sign him, it's a shame that has apparently been forgotten? What's to stop Sheffield doing it again?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walton said:

Well we’ll Chapman spinning tales again.  Who would have thought it.  

If you are referring to my post above yours, i was talking about Fred. Just to make things clear.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

"The club went a different way". As Alex was in charge at the time, i take it he deicide to sign Kye instead of a 28 day replacement for Picko, for some reason? So that gave Buster the opportunity to offer  a new deal for less money. If that is the case, a bit of transparency from Buster would of been great. And you can't blame JP.

"For some reason" it's pretty obvious the reason was so they could sign Laguta! Couldn't do that without lowering the points limit. Hence Kye for Josh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

I don’t want to delve into the he said this, he said that saga, but the thing I find laughable from Brady’s statement was that no-one from the club contacted Josh when he was injured. Excuse me but Brady WAS the club at that time (promotor, team manager, sponsor etc) . Who did he think was going to speak to him other than himself?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well this comment isn't as bad as your last one, i guess :)

"The sooner he packs up his cabbage patch track and sh**hole stadium and get on his tractor and out of the sport the better"

PS. The sooner he packs up his cabbage patch track and sh**hole stadium and get on his tractor and out of the sport the better"

• Haha 1