British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

TV rights money

On 11/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, Falcon1983 said:

There must be some kind of thirst for streaming if clubs are getting say £10k each over the course of a season just from streaming

I don't know the numbers only BSN know but I'd have thought they'd get 100 people max per event but then again they offered bundles and packages didn't they

Of course some of the fans may be streaming instead of attending, costing a club money. But if bet far more are fans who wouldn't go anyway, due to travel distances or even being based in Australia!

On 11/10/2022 at 7:11 AM, HGould said:

Been told by a fairly reliable source that Leicester have moved UP on understanding they won't get a share of the Discovery TV pot for a few seasons.

If true I think that's a bad move by Leicester. I think it's clear the Premiership needed Leicester more than Leicester needed the Premiership!

What if Leicester had stood their ground & agreed to the move up as long as they got their fair share? I'm sure the TV companies want more clubs & Wolves certainly do!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If true I think that's a bad move by Leicester. I think it's clear the Premiership needed Leicester more than Leicester needed the Premiership!

What if Leicester had stood their ground & agreed to the move up as long as they got their fair share? I'm sure the TV companies want more clubs & Wolves certainly do!

CVS did say that we would only run next year with a minimum of 7 teams so you’re quite right.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

False rumours. Leicester will take their equal share of the 2023 TV money & then an extra smaller pot will be issued to the teams that make the play off semi final then another payment to the Grand Final teams but I am told these payments are only minimal fee’s of around 2.5k for semi’s & 5k for the final

• Like 1