British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

Have been to Beaumont Park, or Paul Chapman Arena. Nine times, from 2011 to 2021. Have yet to see a decent meeting there.

I wouldn’t watch at Leicester even if you paid me to do so. The most boring race track I’ve endured since I started watching speedway in the late 1970’s 

2 hours ago, the hobbit said:

I wouldn’t watch at Leicester even if you paid me to do so. The most boring race track I’ve endured since I started watching speedway in the late 1970’s 

Maybe cause you can't see the track cause your a hobbit?

I’m sure if the power’s that be behind the scenes at Leicester  could do it all again and start afresh I’m sure Beaumont  Park would be totally different ,it’s  a shame as there fairly well supported. For me it needs some banking on the bends

14 hours ago, the hobbit said:

Brandon (Coventry) was the most boring for me....slicker than a Michael Jackson dance routine.

As for Leicester? the viewing is fabulous.....heard that the track had improved....we will see next season at a higher level.

It would be interesting to see a 'Riders League Table' of best race tracks?

Watching/riding are 2 different points of opinion....

So....back on topic?

Connor Bailey-Theo Pijper- or Lee Complin to complete the side ???

Bailey/Pijper would be in the main body due to average, but Complin would start at reserve and push Bowtell upwards.....

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

So....back on topic?

Bailey/Pijper would be in the main body due to average, but Complin would start at reserve and push Bowtell upwards.....

Don't think none of the above will be in the team apart from Bowtell 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

So....back on topic?

Won't be Complin

16 hours ago, the hobbit said:

But, but, but...admission was £1 cheaper per meeting than Birmingham for the season that you went there.

12 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m sure if the power’s that be behind the scenes at Leicester  could do it all again and start afresh I’m sure Beaumont  Park would be totally different ,it’s  a shame as there fairly well supported. For me it needs some banking on the bends

It has a huge amount of banking on the bends already. All it ever needed was a different shape

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

But, but, but...admission was £1 cheaper per meeting than Birmingham for the season that you went there.

Yes and I only stuck it for less than half a season before it bored me  rigid !!! 
we spent the rest of that season  going around the country watching former Brummies favourites racing for there new teams. 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

So....back on topic?

Won't be complin

14 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

He as signed elsewhere 

I can't see that on confirmed signings ? But thanks for info.....

• Haha 1