British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Go on ?????

Look at the 1-7, then you’ll understand it’s the worst team in the league 

52 minutes ago, Flappy said:

It'll be interesting to see how many meetings the likes of Nicki Pedersen and Kasprazak have to do to get a new average 

It has been 4 home 4 away but I'm sure I read it was going to be 3 h 3a

Bet365 have Belle Vue favourites 

Edited by mark.1

14 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

With Becker needing to step up to a genuine heat leader, giving more support to Masters is a big reason .If he doesn't do it this season he never will. On his good days he can beat virtually anyone,but on his bad days.... .   

True....Becker can be a bit hit and miss...Douglas is the same tho ...

8 hours ago, mark.1 said:

Bet365 have Belle Vue favourites 

Only because we can call on R Lambert should 1 of our reserves gets the Flu.:D:D

• Like 1

Bet365

Belle Vue 11/8

Ipswich 3/1

Sheffield 4/1

Peterborough 13/2

Leicester 12/1

Wolves 12/1

Kings Lynn 20/1

They’re way off with Lynn there IMO. absolute bankers for a play off spot and happy to be vaulted on that come the end of the season. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Bet365

Belle Vue 11/8

Ipswich 3/1

Sheffield 4/1

Peterborough 13/2

Leicester 12/1

Wolves 12/1

Kings Lynn 20/1

They’re way off with Lynn there IMO. absolute bankers for a play off spot and happy to be vaulted on that come the end of the season. 

Looks spot on to me. Ipswich are 2nd purely because of the top 2 but Lynn look the weakest on paper backed up by the bookies.

The Stars could be dangerous if anyone really takes on the number 1 role and steps up. Very dark horses. 

On 3/15/2023 at 3:04 PM, Tommy Sweetman said:

Because being a ex Coventry fan he's always had a huge chip on his shoulder about Wolves,probably because we are able to go each week and he's stuck in the house watching Coronation St.

Where have you got the Coventry fan thing from?? Good to see you delight in a team folding though 

On 3/14/2023 at 6:58 PM, lisa-colette said:

Tbh though a lot of predictions were made before Jack Thomas injury. With the league difficult to predict anyway and with Joe Thompson  a bit weaker than Jack, though I hope he does well. I think some teams will be switched round in fans predictions now. Although I'm not convinced of a second place for KL like @szkocjasid is. I think I would go for 5th. Or maybe just in 4th if Nic and Josh do better than expected and they don't have any injuries during the season.

Though saying that I do tend to jinx my predictions and they will probably finish second after all! :o:D

I'm not convinced of 2nd place for Lynn, most of the teams have positive points to them & I'm expecting it to be very close.

I certainly can't understand why so many are putting Lynn for the bottom (or bottom two). So they may be lacking a top rider, but will always have good second strings & the leagues best number 6 imo. I also feel any of their top 6 are capable of double figures, not in every match, but they can take turns being the top man!

On 3/15/2023 at 5:48 PM, Aries said:

I agree Lynn have the potential for two or three to up their averages significantly. The only problem I see here is Lynn could have done with last seasons rules on no changes being allowed once the league campaign gets underway. Lynn will be hamstrung for strengthening once a couple increase their averages, whilst there is a few clubs who could see their team average tumble and have scope to swap out a middle order rider for another heatleader, or a weak reserve for a middle order man. I’ve always been of the opinion that if you got your team building wrong to start with tough, you’ve had all winter to get it right. Changes should only be allowed to swap out injured riders. 

1) if riders are upping their averages, the team should be doing well, so won't be looking for changes.

2) as I think all the teams look decent, I can't see any that will be dropping their averages much to allow for strengthening up.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:06 PM, Arch Stanton said:

I think we’ll be one of those that can strengthen early doors. Rew for example is now an assessed 5 instead of 4 which the club initially thought, you could expect him to start slowly and drop at least a point off that while he settles especially if he’s stuck at number 2. Doyle’s average is also hefty, that could drop early, and so could Emil and Riss who for different reasons may take time to get up to speed. That chance could disappear quite quickly though because all those averages bar maybe Doyle, I’d expect to only go one way once the season progresses and riders visit tracks for the second time, and fitness improves for those still carrying injury. Will be interesting to see whether a change is made when the opportunity comes. 

Doyle's average could drop, not because he's not performing, just because it's difficult to maintain a 10+ ave. However I don't see Rew dropping much (if at all), Sayfutdinov should up his ave & Hume will be back to a 4.0 ave once rolling aves are used (no longer including his 25% reduction).

Can't see a likely change for Ipswich, unless Hume struggles out of the RS berth!

On 3/15/2023 at 7:07 PM, Flappy said:

It'll be interesting to see how many meetings the likes of Nicki Pedersen and Kasprazak have to do to get a new average 

3 home & 3 away for any riders without rolling aves, also includes the likes of Lidsey & Bellego

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Doyle's average could drop, not because he's not performing, just because it's difficult to maintain a 10+ ave. However I don't see Rew dropping much (if at all), Sayfutdinov should up his ave & Hume will be back to a 4.0 ave once rolling aves are used (no longer including his 25% reduction).

Can't see a likely change for Ipswich, unless Hume struggles out of the RS berth!

Hume isnt the R.S...Thompson is ....

• Haha 1