British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Rule changes

Since all meetings are part of a two legged tie with the aggregate score coming into play explain how Tactical Substitutes are allowed?

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

The (unjustified) whinging on this thread was that the OP didn't know the rule changes for 2023, as the website only had 2022 regulations.   

However the fact is that at the time of his posting (and for a month previously) the Regulations were on the website.  So his post was pointless.

Also if someone doesn't follow the regulations, they will be punished as set out in the regulations.   Touch the tapes, you'll be excluded etc etc.   As it ever was.  But people like to moan about nothing.

The rule book was in print before the clubs were informed of the new changes. The no.8 rule being one and the super duper heat etc .

When certain ‘scenarios’ were pointed out to the rule makers they accepted that one or two amendments would have to be made.

So don’t rely on what’s written down months ago as it may have been superseded , which, in speedway, happens often when one club interprets a rule one way and the opposition interprets it another way. Do you recall the Robert Lambert scenario?

Edited by Fortythirtyeight

3 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The rule book was in print before the clubs were informed of the new changes. The no.8 rule being one and the super duper heat etc .

When certain ‘scenarios’ were pointed out to the rule makers they accepted that one or two amendments would have to be made.

So don’t rely on what’s written down months ago as it may have been superseded , which, in speedway, happens often when one club interprets a rule one way and the opposition interprets it another way. Do you recall the Robert Lambert scenario?

None of that has any relevance to the topic I was addressing, which is that on Tuesday the opening poster claimed that no 2023 rule changes were known because only the 2022 regulations were on the website.... whereas in actual fact the 2023 regulations had been on the site for a month.

But since you've gone off in a different direction, I'm intrigued....   Which scenarios do you think exist that are going to need amendments to be made?   

It's interesting the powers that be must have made up a brand new rule in order to force a pre season re-declaration of the Monarchs 1-7.

I'd like somebody to come on here and attempt to explain the decision. In return, I will inform them they're talking pure, unadulterated garbage.

No idea why the Monarchs management meakly rolled over and allowed their tummies to be tickled.

Quite pathetic all round. Another nail in the speedway coffin.

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

None of that has any relevance to the topic I was addressing, which is that on Tuesday the opening poster claimed that no 2023 rule changes were known because only the 2022 regulations were on the website.... whereas in actual fact the 2023 regulations had been on the site for a month.

But since you've gone off in a different direction, I'm intrigued....   Which scenarios do you think exist that are going to need amendments to be made?   

The scenarios discussed were not brought up by me but by promoters and team managers but they did raise valid points which had not been considered by the rule makers, hence the amendments.

The use of the number 8 and his eligibility being a huge one.