British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Plymouth vs Oxford TODAY!! (18/04/23) BSN series

20 hours ago, HGould said:

Do feel sorry for Plymouth Speedway that the local Soccer Team is one of the most progressive outside top 2 tiers and likely to go up to Championship and the Basketball Team doing well too. 

If footy team do go up likely to sell 20,000 season tickets and have massive local media interest. 

No idea what Plymouth break even is but hopefully their crowd builds up as it warms  up weather wise. 

I do wonder if Saturdays may work for them in summer months especially with no footy? Also they streamed every meeting last year and is that counter productive and made some walk up support a bit lazy? .

A group of 3 adults is 60 quid through gate yet probably a fiver profit from stream. A hundred like that is £1500 from your top line before they've had food and drink every meeting. 

I think it's rather unlikely they'll manage to sell 20k season tickets with a ground that has a 17k capacity.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, The Cheese said:

I think it's rather unlikely they'll manage to sell 20k season tickets with a ground that has a 17k capacity.

It is looking very likely that Plymouth Argyle will get promotion , the council has given them ground for a bigger stadium , and apparently the Gladiators will be able to take over their current stadium as long as they are able to provide argyle with a quality training pitch for Argyle . Fingers crossed 

• Like 1