British Speedway Forum
W9 Lion

Leicester v Sheffield

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I was under the impression that the 30yd marker was for riders couldn’t be assisted after the marker at the start of a race.( could be wrong though).

think your right when i used to help at starting gate at Shielfield first time around there was a 30 yard flag where if a riders bike stopped we could push him up to that flag. Obviuosly they can't do that at Berwick now or you would be halfway around the 1st & 2nd bend hahaha

Edited by Normski
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

You might be interested to know that the marker post from Blackbird Road is in my garage. It's a white disc with a red centre. It's alongside one of the lamp shades that came from the track lights. I scrounged them off the demolition firm when the were tearing the stadium down. At one stage there was talk of a speedway museum in the plans for the new track at Beaumont Leys but that, along with other things in the original plans, never came to fruition. So they remain in my garage!

Wow! And my other half accuses me of collecting useless stuff! The original outline proposals for BP included an enclosed multi use main stand that could be used by the community during the week as an additional income stream……….Is this tucked away in your garage by chance?

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:58 PM, Gambo said:

The same has been said by many people, many times! The two minutes rule as per FIM should have been adopted years ago. Not ready to race as the clock ticks down to zero...excluded!

It is the same 2 minute rule as per FIM, with the addition of being under power and heading to the startline. The riders are allowed two minutes (and they know this). I think the Start Marshals at Leicester start to call the riders up to the tapes after 90 seconds. Both have timers on their wrists as you can see them looking at them while they are waiting for the riders. They also call them in in gate order only moving onto B once happy with the position of A.

Edited by W9 Lion

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Wow! And my other half accuses me of collecting useless stuff! The original outline proposals for BP included an enclosed multi use main stand that could be used by the community during the week as an additional income stream……….Is this tucked away in your garage by chance?

I've got my quota of things that might come in useful in the garage as well but not, unfortunately, a proper grandstand! It's a shame the original plans for the stadium never came to fruition!