British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolves v Peterborough 17th JUly 2023

Please correct me if I am wrong, but how can it be right that if a team draws at home, then they get the same points as a win.FFS. Greetings from sunny Cuba.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but how can it be right that if a team draws at home, then they get the same points as a win.FFS. Greetings from sunny Cuba.

Same as an away team, win the super heat, same points as a win.

Personally don't see anything wrong with draws, but the scoring is the same home or away.

34 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Had the Panthers had Andersen in the team they would of won comfortably.

Not necessarily, Mountain got a 5-1 in heat 2, but never met a serve again! Would Andersen definitely have beaten a top 5 Wolves rider?

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not necessarily, Mountain got a 5-1 in heat 2, but never met a serve again! Would Andersen definitely have beaten a top 5 Wolves rider?

On tonights performance definitely he top scored in the A fixture riding at No 2 would have scored freely tonight from reserve.

2 hours ago, chrismorton said:

What an effort from a team 5 points under the limit and the cheapest option guest available...that was like going 12 rounds in the ring with 1 arm..

I'm shocked ;)

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm shocked ;)

No doubt about it, a great effort by the Panthers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, one of clubs said:

I think the best way to see the superheat is that it’s just an extension of the meeting. So it wasn’t a draw, Wolves won. 

Not a great rule in my opinion but a rule nonetheless so one we have to play by. 

25 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

I think the best way to see the superheat is that it’s just an extension of the meeting. So it wasn’t a draw, Wolves won. 

Not a great rule in my opinion but a rule nonetheless so one we have to play by. 

In the end a Wolves win and didnt up there team average....

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Looks like 4th place for Wolves ...job done ...anything can happen  in play offs ...

yeah you getting knocked out in semi final :drink:

• Haha 1

Credit where it's due that's a decent performance for a team 5 points under limit 

Good meeting last night & a great effort by the Panthers to push Wolves all the way. 
As a Swindon fan it’s sad to see two more teams who are set to lose their race tracks.

With other teams futures in doubt, the sport as we know it in the UK  is on the brink of collapse.

Whats frustrating is that places like Oxford and Glasgow seem to be thriving so it shows that Speedway can be successful in this country. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Good meeting last night & a great effort by the Panthers to push Wolves all the way. 
As a Swindon fan it’s sad to see two more teams who are set to lose their race tracks.

With other teams futures in doubt, the sport as we know it in the UK  is on the brink of collapse.

Whats frustrating is that places like Oxford and Glasgow seem to be thriving so it shows that Speedway can be successful in this country. 

I’d say there’s still a novelty factor at Oxford. Time will tell on that one but hopefully they continue to thrive. Glasgow seem to be doing a great job, I’d be interested to know whether they turn a profit or not however.