British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robyn1972

What are they up to now?

Cheetah Hawk, Robyn, Cliv Clav, Bryn et al. Do you remember the meeting at Waterden Road in 1990 against Arena when Bryn took over as start or flag marshal for a couple of heats because the normal flag/start marshal had a barney with the ref and walked off!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure this incident happened and I havent dreamt it 

I do remember this, in fact, I have it on video! :D

Great I thought my memory wasnt playing tricks with me. Didnt Bryn also referee a meeting once when the ref wasnt available for one reason or another.

It may have been a 4tt meeting at Arena possibly Arena v Hackney v Rye v Mildenhall something like that??

Your memory serves you correctly once again VV!!! And dear old Peter Thorogood was none too pleased when I called a halt to the meeting midway through due to that wet stuff falling down in buckets! :rolleyes:

I used to enjoy the end of season shenanigans - for some reason it was always funnier at Waterden Road than other tracks - perhaps mainly because whoever the poor b*****d who'd lost their trousers was, with the pits being where they were it meant a walk "sans legwear" past the majority of the crowd to get back there! Who was it who had theirs thrown on the bonfire one year?!!!!

Another memory - that terrible old supporters club coach. Alright on it's own, but when coupled with Terry's driving......eeeeeek! Still - it never really let us down! (The bus, OR Terry come to that!)

Ahhh - happy days!

I think I'm right in saying that Bryn parted company with his trousers at Arena one year. Am I right Bryn?

I also seem to remember Andy Galvin, Troy Pratt and others tying Pete Thorogood to the starting gate, stripping him down to his undies putting flour and eggs in his hair and painting him white!

I used to enjoy the end of season shenanigans - for some reason it was always funnier at Waterden Road than other tracks

Have to agree there.I guess Uncle Len has to take credit for that.He knew how to entertain.Mechanics races and all.Think Wimbledons meetings were somewhat sober occasions compared to Hackney