British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

My knowledge of the rules is that he qualifies for 2024 (under 25 at start of season) unless the rules have changed?

He said himself last winter that this was the last year he was eligible for the scheme. 

How about?

Ipswich  
Emil Sayfutdinov 10.10
Jason Doyle 9.12
Charles Wright 6.15
Adam Ellis 5.57
Patryk Wojdylo 5.00
Keynan Rew 4.00
Dan Thompson RS
Total 39.94

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He said himself last winter that this was the last year he was eligible for the scheme. 

I read what you said, just pointing out that contradicts the rules I read when it started & have not seen them updated since 2021.

Just now, szkocjasid said:

I read what you said, just pointing out that contradicts the rules I read when it started & have not seen them updated since 2021.

Well I’d guess he knows them so have to take his word for it. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

In that case not many options on 4.16..

There is loads of options on the euro market,, just have to be arsed to look for them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

In that case not many options on 4.16..

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

There is loads of options on the euro market,, just have to be arsed to look for them

Dimitri Berge would be a steal on 4.14

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Dunno finding a good 4 pointer a lot tougher than finding a 5 pointer. We picked up a highly rated 5 pointer last winter who didn’t even average 4. I’m all for it though I’d rather take a chance on youngster with a bit of potential than go for Hume on a similar average with all due respect to him. 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Is there? Dunno how the grading for assessment works but both rew and wojdylo for example came in a 5.00 not 4.00 last year, so did Emil bruem didn’t he? What level of euro kid comes in on a 4 nowadays? Genuine question cos I don’t know 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

He’s toilet at Foxhall tho where you rode half your meetings, only go to nss a couple of times a season he won’t be good really anywhere else

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

5 hours ago, 89buttons said:

He’s toilet at Foxhall tho where you rode half your meetings, only go to nss a couple of times a season he won’t be good really anywhere else

It's a long time since he's ridden at Foxhall and he's improved a lot since then. Even if it's not his best track, of he scores 5 points a match he's done how job, doesn't need to emulate his foreign scores to be considered a good signing.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's a long time since he's ridden at Foxhall and he's improved a lot since then. Even if it's not his best track, of he scores 5 points a match he's done how job, doesn't need to emulate his foreign scores to be considered a good signing.

I’m the interim period since he last rode Foxhall what experience has he garnered on smaller tight grippy tracks?? If he’s anything like the showing when he was a visiting rider in the championship let alone prem he won’t score close to 5 points.

he’s like his counterpart bellego who rode for us and couldn’t get to grips with Foxhall - fast on big wide open continental tracks but not small technical ones, so no thanks from me

14 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

I’m the interim period since he last rode Foxhall what experience has he garnered on smaller tight grippy tracks?? If he’s anything like the showing when he was a visiting rider in the championship let alone prem he won’t score close to 5 points.

he’s like his counterpart bellego who rode for us and couldn’t get to grips with Foxhall - fast on big wide open continental tracks but not small technical ones, so no thanks from me

I agree with your concerns with Berge, but we haven’t got an awful lot of choice. We have Emil, Doyle, King, Ellis and probably Rew. We have 4.16 for the last place. It’s either Hume again or roll the dice on a 4 pointer. Barker would have been the safest bet and my pick, but seems he’s off to Birmingham. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

I think the "in the best interests" regulation needs to be invoked

Everywhere we went with Emil in tow meant the home track attracted an extra 100-200 on the gate

That's quite a big boost so to ensure the benefit continues he should be reassessed  to 8 ;):D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I agree with your concerns with Berge, but we haven’t got an awful lot of choice. We have Emil, Doyle, King, Ellis and probably Rew. We have 4.16 for the last place. It’s either Hume again or roll the dice on a 4 pointer. Barker would have been the safest bet and my pick, but seems he’s off to Birmingham. 

I’d take a whole raft of young English lads before berge mate.

dan t, edwards, rowe, flint to name a few

Kye Thompson the Aussie lad 

all of them over berge.

and we came within a whisker of winning everything in 23 with Erik riss scoring half of bugger all - Ellis or Brennan would be a huge upgrade on his scores home and away, rew is only going one way he showed that the end of the season form so there’s less pressure on the 6th rider than Hume this year and all of them would likely match what he did with the potential for a higher ceiling come the end of the season.

just my opinion but I just can’t see berge being any good, his engines will be too strong and he’ll miss the bends just like bellego, just like Tungate and other continental throttle jockeys that have never shown they can turn the bike sufficiently to be effective scorers at foxhall