British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

On 11/18/2023 at 9:51 PM, GeneralMelchett said:

Lets be clear most clubs would love a rider of Dolyes abilities and never give up attitude in their team - there are certain riders (like footballers) that wind you up a bit when they ride against your side but you'd have them in your team in a heartbeat!

Not a fan of him but he's one hell of a rider and a brilliant team man :t:

Now that Sheffield have completed their squad I hope to see witches start to put together our team. Emil and Doyle would bring the crowds but we need to start backing them up and not relying on heat 13/15 with the big boys to win the meeting. 

1. Emil Sayfutdinov 10.10

2. Simon Lambert 4.66 [4.78]

3. Danny KIng 7.05 [7.23]

4. Patryk Wojdylo 5.00

5. Jason Doyle 9.12

6. Keynan Rew 4.00

7. Dan Thompson RS

With Lambert definetly not at King's Lynn next year I feel this is possible

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arthur73 said:

1. Emil Sayfutdinov 10.10

2. Simon Lambert 4.66 [4.78]

3. Danny KIng 7.05 [7.23]

4. Patryk Wojdylo 5.00

5. Jason Doyle 9.12

6. Keynan Rew 4.00

7. Dan Thompson RS

With Lambert definetly not at King's Lynn next year I feel this is possible

I think 5 are spot on, including Wojdylo.

I have a feeling it could look something like 

Emil 10.10

Ellis 5.56

Brennan 5.87

Wojdylo 5.00

Doyle 9.10

Rew 4.00

D. Thompson

we need riders with plenty of improvement & Ellis, Brennan & Wojodyo gives you far more than having King & Lambert.

Thats if I’ve worked the British reduction out correctly 

I also expect Rew to kick on as well.

Edited by cowboy cookie returns?

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Emil 10.10

Ellis 5.56

Brennan 5.87

Wojdylo 5.00

Doyle 9.10

Rew 4.00

D. Thompson

we need riders with plenty of improvement & Ellis, Brennan & Wojodyo gives you far more than having King & Lambert.

I would absolutely take this team... do you think King can be tempted away by perhaps Birmingham or Oxford?  That's the only way this team can become a reality in my opinion

Ipswich need to be stronger at home in 2024 three home defeats (which i annoyingly all attended in 2023) were 2 too many in my view. I'd take Brennan for sure - not sure about Ellis at Foxhall I recall him being a Witch in 2019?? but i wasnt watching much, if any, speedway then so not sure how great he is at Foxhall.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

8 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Ipswich need to be stronger at home in 2024 three home defeats (which i annoyingly all attended in 2023) were 2 too many in my view. I'd take Brennan for sure - not sure about Ellis at Foxhall I recall him being a Witch in 2019?? but i wasnt watching much, if any, speedway then so not sure how great he is at Foxhall.

From what I recall I don’t think he particularly likes Foxhall, but he scores pretty well here. Not so much this year which was a poor year for him in general, but he was outstanding in both visits with Sheffield in 2021. Paid 14 on his first visit and 16 the second visit. 

Think a move to Foxhall with Emil and Doyle will spark him in to life again. Expecting a good season from him. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Emil 10.10

Ellis 5.56

Brennan 5.87

Wojdylo 5.00

Doyle 9.10

Rew 4.00

D. Thompson

King Riss and Hume our for Ellis Brennan and Wojdylo......................thats pretty strong and possibly always having one strong reserve though the Pole is a worry on our track lol

I still cant see Ipswich letting Danny go. Club captain and led us to a trophy and his form improved at the end of the season and very good friends with the management.

Personally the team you have listed can be title winners and definitely better than the Sheffield 1-7

The Adam Ellis and Tom Brennan situation is certainly gaining momentum, Brennan as rumoured won't be anywhere near Kings Lynn next season, so i see it as us or Birmingham for Brennan.

Adam Ellis is somebody i would definitely take at Foxhall, i do believe his bad season last season will turn out to be a one off, whoever gets him for me gets a rider who can up his average for sure.

Not sure on Wojdylo, and i agree with previous comments on Danny King, poor till August, but very good for the last 2 month's of the season, depends on how Hawkins and Louis feels i suppose, but I'd have Doyley as Captain this season, seriously think that's a must and think it would be good for Danny to move on, but I'm definitely not convinced he will.

Rew for me is in the 1-7, but can't quite get my head round what they will do with Danyon, and Riss it seems is at Leicester.

I don't suppose anybody has heard any whispers as to when we may start to announce some riders confirmed for next season.

I love silly season, but it can also be very frustrating, someone on the Lynn thread has put Dan Bewley could be there next season coz he's dating Rob Lyon's daughter, that for me is the best one yet, but i'm sure there are people with opinions of better rumours than that, but can't see Bewley in any other Kevlar's than Belle Vue's.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

King Riss and Hume our for Ellis Brennan and Wojdylo......................thats pretty strong and possibly always having one strong reserve though the Pole is a worry on our track lol

I still cant see Ipswich letting Danny go. Club captain and led us to a trophy and his form improved at the end of the season and very good friends with the management.

Personally the team you have listed can be title winners and definitely better than the Sheffield 1-7

I can see Danny moving on for two reasons. Firstly after years of waiting he has finally lifted a trophy as Witches skipper. Secondly there isn’t any improvement left & he could quite easily drop back to his pre August form. He has had two bad patches of form over the past couple of years.

If they put that team out I’d expect the Pole to be stronger away from home for sure. 

Even if Danny is back Doyle needs to be skipper much more of a team player in my mind. Danny’s decision to go for gates one & three at Sheffield is still one of the most bizarre decisions I’ve seen.

10 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

While no one likes to lose at home, did those defeats actually hurt Ipswich? They still won the KOC & made the play-off final (winning their home leg) turning those 3 defeats into wins, doesn't help them win the league.

If anything, signing riders who go well at Sheffield could be the answer?

I don't understand this comment:

Louis says that team building for the new campaign is complete with announcements to be made over the coming days 

so he's basically saying, we've picked a team but aren't going to tell you yet - seems an odd way to treat your fans? Would it not be better to simply say "team announcements / signings will be made over the coming days"?

20 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While no one likes to lose at home, did those defeats actually hurt Ipswich? They still won the KOC & made the play-off final (winning their home leg) turning those 3 defeats into wins, doesn't help them win the league.

If anything, signing riders who go well at Sheffield could be the answer?

Signing riders that go well at Sheffield and Belle Vue,, is the way to go,,, those 2 teams will be play off certs every Season for a while