British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

37 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

While no one likes to lose at home, did those defeats actually hurt Ipswich? They still won the KOC & made the play-off final (winning their home leg) turning those 3 defeats into wins, doesn't help them win the league.

If anything, signing riders who go well at Sheffield could be the answer?

Their path into the playoffs would have been a lot smoother and they may have not have been relying on the Leicester implosion, they got there in the end! But who knows since history simply records they had a very successful year, what it won't record is how they nearly didn't get there!

Two more home wins and they might have finished top as two of the losses were against Belle Vue, three more and they probably would have finished top, would that have changed the ultimate destiny of the final 2 - I have no idea and its irrelevant now!

Interesting, for me anyway, is i think Sheffield have weakened themselves away from home a little in this coming year but we shall see come sept / oct 24 I reckon.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Signing riders that go well at Sheffield and Belle Vue,, is the way to go,,, those 2 teams will be play off certs every Season for a while 

Oddly we got the right result but in the wrong year if you are a purist - Sheffield finished top in 2022 and lost to Belle Vue, Belle Vue then finished top this year but never made the final, under the old system both teams would have been crowned champions

Edited by GeneralMelchett

35 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand this comment:

Louis says that team building for the new campaign is complete with announcements to be made over the coming days 

so he's basically saying, we've picked a team but aren't going to tell you yet - seems an odd way to treat your fans? Would it not be better to simply say "team announcements / signings will be made over the coming days"?

think how long the Emil annoucement took last year - maybe they are awaiting ink to dry on contracts or permits or something!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand this comment:

Louis says that team building for the new campaign is complete with announcements to be made over the coming days 

so he's basically saying, we've picked a team but aren't going to tell you yet - seems an odd way to treat your fans? Would it not be better to simply say "team announcements / signings will be made over the coming days"?

What a weird little thing to have a whinge about! Did you even read it? He says “We are looking to announce the team immediately. It is an exciting team and one we will enjoy working with and we were settled on it quite quickly by the end of the season and I am sure the fans will be delighted with it”.

So now the information will be passed on to the webmaster (who probably has a full time job) to write up seven rider articles in readiness for the reveal on the official website in the coming days! What’s the issue here?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

think how long the Emil annoucement took last year - maybe they are awaiting ink to dry on contracts or permits or something!

Emil took about three months to sort out however we all know that was because of international politics & clearly a one off.

Getting the paperwork for Laguta & Tarensenko to ride here was much faster. They even managed to get Tarensenko clearance to double up within a week. 

All the hard work with Emil was getting though the red tape. I don’t think it will take that long to get rider clearance again unless Louis is trying to sign a North Korean lol

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Emil took about three months to sort out however we all know that was because of international politics & clearly a one off.

Getting the paperwork for Laguta & Tarensenko to ride here was much faster. They even managed to get Tarensenko clearance to double up within a week. 

All the hard work with Emil was getting though the red tape. I don’t think it will take that long to get rider clearance again unless Louis is trying to sign a North Korean lol

What a great service Chris did for the benefit of British Speedway 

Not only did all get to see Emil grace the league and be the biggest attraction for many a year but persevering to get that deal across the line also paved the way for the others

Had the Emil deal floundered the others ate unlikely to have happened

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What a great service Chris did for the benefit of British Speedway 

Not only did all get to see Emil grace the league and be the biggest attraction for many a year but persevering to get that deal across the line also paved the way for the others

Had the Emil deal floundered the others ate unlikely to have happened

Correct. As was said by Ritchie Hawkins on the mic shortly after Laguta was signed, they had Chris Louis to thank for that. If he hadn’t have done the months of hard work last winter the others wouldn’t have been over here. 

Jason Doyle is 1st announced...But no mention of being Captain.

• Like 1

Do you think the remaining 6 will be announced throughout the day? Louis has said that the team is done...

9 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Jason Doyle is 1st announced...But no mention of being Captain.

King was captain last season wasn't he?

Yes Col, My point is as Doyley has not been announced as Captain, that means Danny is back as skipper ,and hopefully Emil and Keynan make up 4 signings, i assume Dan Thompson will be the R/S, so that leaves 2 spots.

I really really hope I'm wrong and probably reading WAY too much into it, but there is a small part of me that is worried they are going to announce this in rider order... If Doyle is number 1, where is Emil?  

Like I say, hope I'm wrong...

2 minutes ago, MP78 said:

I really really hope I'm wrong and probably reading WAY too much into it, but there is a small part of me that is worried they are going to announce this in rider order... If Doyle is number 1, where is Emil?  

Like I say, hope I'm wrong...

I think the picture is from last years press day when Doyle was number 1 

I didn’t see anything in the article to suggest he starts as 1 in 2024

28 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Yes Col, My point is as Doyley has not been announced as Captain, that means Danny is back as skipper ,and hopefully Emil and Keynan make up 4 signings, i assume Dan Thompson will be the R/S, so that leaves 2 spots.

Ellis is one