British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

4 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Belle Vue are very lucky to have got the council to agree to that development & help pay for it, so hats off but unless things change dramatically it’s a one off sadly.

I do get peed off with the were better than you are especially after years of awful Kirky lane track….some do have short memories 

Yes they have conveniently forgot about that place and how they rode inside a dog track and bore us now with this holier than though attitude to everyone else.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes they have conveniently forgot about that place and how they rode inside a dog track and bore us now with this holier than though attitude to everyone else.

You do realise that most commenting about the track are non Belle Vue Fans.  There was no luck involved in our stadium it was 2 owners who worked hard over 7 years to get this off the ground.  

12 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

When you've watched a few races at the brilliant NSS, it's an absolute shock when the action suddenly switches to Wolverhampton.

Whatever happens with any future development, Wolves fans can at least know that almost certainly they will have a better track.

What the action showed from Wolves was as equally as thrilling. You must have had your eyes closed to not witness that or just blinkered.

Monmore was always about entertainment  and not just pure throttle jockey happy. Watching the skill of the riders was what made Monmore special. I just hope they can replicate that on any future track. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He was my rider of the night at Foxhall and did well at Belle Vue as well - as long as you can see a rider is trying their best, that'll do for me.

will follow his career with interest - he was well on the pace and looks a good prospect

Edited by GeneralMelchett

36 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

will follow his career with interest - he was well on the pace and looks a good prospect

He will be 25 in a couple of months,,, not sure he has much improvement left in him 

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

He will be 25 in a couple of months,,, not sure he has much improvement left in him 

is he that old? i though he was about 19 or 20! Well good luck to the guy he helped the Witches to the final

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I agree entirely with your comments, the racing last night was terrific and heat 15 amazing although you may have a different viewpoint as it was disappointing from a Belle Vue perspective.

We have always had  very diverse tracks in this country from the larger faster tracks like Peterborough and Kings Lynn to the smaller tracks like Monmore. As I have said many times there are many that have always criticised Monmore but it will be missed and last night looked very entertaining, personally it is a track I always enjoyed visiting when Poole were in the top league and I don't really see the point of slagging off certain tracks, Leicester have had their detractors in the past and so have my own team Poole.

Totally correct, in the seventies when we had 18 teams in the league it was always said to be world champion you had to ride in the UK due to the variations of track. We had Hyde road, Monmore, Somerton park, for example, the latter was often like a ploughed field but riders could handle it, Wimbledon another small track, no one was critical of any track in those days. As for your own team ive been down to Poole many times and never really seen a bad meeting to be fair.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aries said:

You have to tip your hat to Jason Doyle whether you like him or not. As Hawkins said last night, he’s struggled for set ups and speed in every visit there this year, and didn’t look as quick as others last night either and looked a bit vulnerable even when in front. But when the pressure was on he just wasn’t going to be denied was he? Pure guts, effort and determination not to be beaten when it really mattered. When Kurtz and Bewely briefly hit the front around there like they did here, think we all felt that was that. When they get in front they normally disappear in to the distance but Doyle was having none of it! Very intelligent riding too, cutting across and stopping the runs from the Ace’s pair at just the right times. Superb. 

Doyle really showed his experience in that last heat, disappointing for us but you have to hold your hands up he rode a great race, no surpise really hes a class act.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I am sure that loss hurt (particuarly coming so close) but Bv been very magnanimous in defeat!

You have to give credit where its due, going down by 4 on the night and 22 on aggregate did for us but you have to give Ipswich credit.

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Think thats unfair tbh most of the posts on here about our track have come from fans of other clubs

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

Think thats unfair tbh most of the posts on here about our track have come from fans of other clubs

Yes didnt notice they were non BV supporters 

13 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Can I just say that I am heartily sick of this superior attitude ? Belle Vue who have had  a track built for them  with no restrictions compared to Wolves who have to fit within the confines of a greyhound track and whatever their landlords decree.  You may or may not know that in 1996 the  greyhound track was being altered and the stadium was not available to us, so we had to ride the 'home' leg of the KO Cup final at Long Eaton. On match days we only have access to the the track late on due to greyhound racing in the afternoon.These are the sort of things that we have to contend with. Also as a Wolves fan you have zero right to speak on my behalf, so refrain from doing so.I hope that's clear.

Belle Vue had a crap track for years.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

You have to give credit where its due, going down by 4 on the night and 22 on aggregate did for us but you have to give Ipswich credit.

A herculean performance to get so close when nobody thought it possible especially after Lidsey's breakdown and going 22 down on aggregate, why couldn't Doyle and Emil do that in heat 13 you may ask, once Bewley got past they seemed to give up but no giving up in heat 15! Absolutely Love Doyle as a rider with his never say die attitude and he is a pretty decent bloke too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, noggin said:

Belle Vue had a crap track for years.

But we ain’t now! And the stadium and viewing ain’t to shabby!

Congratulations Ipswich. 
end of the day it’s over 30 races and not 15 and over the 30 races Ipswich was better and deserve the final place. 

Good luck in final. Cherish the experience 

• Like 2