British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Congratulations Ipswich. 
end of the day it’s over 30 races and not 15 and over the 30 races Ipswich was better and deserve the final place. 

Good luck in final. Cherish the experience 

And beat them Tigers please, can’t let Lambert win it again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes didnt notice they were non BV supporters 

One question could there be any possibility of Wolves running at Birmingham in the short term whilst looking for a site to develop?

3 hours ago, noggin said:

Belle Vue had a crap track for years.

Kirky Lane was ok when first moved in but went downhill from then on, including the state of the grandstand, the top riders got round it well enough even avoiding the bricks on the 4th bend. It did its job saving the club though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

One question could there be any possibility of Wolves running at Birmingham in the short term whilst looking for a site to develop?

I believe Birmingham can only stage 1 meeting per week and Wednesday has been pencilled in for greyhounds next year so that leaves Brummies looking for a new race night if they can continue at PB at all 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Totally correct, in the seventies when we had 18 teams in the league it was always said to be world champion you had to ride in the UK due to the variations of track. We had Hyde road, Monmore, Somerton park, for example, the latter was often like a ploughed field but riders could handle it, Wimbledon another small track, no one was critical of any track in those days. As for your own team ive been down to Poole many times and never really seen a bad meeting to be fair.

The British League got up to 19 teams at one stage. Hull (boulevard) and Newport (Somerton park) were awful tracks, square around football/rugby pitches, but I never wanted them gone. They provided speedway for fans in those places  and better that than nothing at all.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just an observation  - Witches totalled 93 - 4 points less and they lose......

Thank you Jack Smith for your 4 points :t:

I think you should take him on as your rising star next year as a thankyou.

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

I believe Birmingham can only stage 1 meeting per week and Wednesday has been pencilled in for greyhounds next year so that leaves Brummies looking for a new race night if they can continue at PB at all 

That explains the rumour that Birmingham are moving up then 

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

That explains the rumour that Birmingham are moving up then 

Yes race on a Monday and use majority of the wolves team.

34 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Yes race on a Monday and use majority of the wolves team.

Well 2 of the wolves lads have gone to Leicester I’ve heard. 

but there will be a big wolves influence at Birmingham. On track and off it 

Gutted about the result last night, in all honesty we lost it at FH and that is what put us out. Congratulations to Ipswich and good luck in the final.

I wish fans of other tracks would stop banging on about having a stadium built for us using public money. They do not complain about Manchester City paying peanuts in rent for a new stadium for their sole use, or West Ham having their security and other operating costs paid for by the taxpayer.The stadium and the newly build surrounding leisure facilities are for general public leisure use and not exclusively for speedway. We hope that some time in the not too distant future that once defunct tracks return and that there are no more under threat, which is something all fans know the sport can not afford. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Rumores of it yes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Kirky Lane was ok when first moved in but went downhill from then on, including the state of the grandstand, the top riders got round it well enough even avoiding the bricks on the 4th bend. It did its job saving the club though.

It was great for about 15 years but by around 2003 it started to look shabby.  Also bikes simply got too fast and the racing wasn't as good as in the 90s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

We’ll almost 24 hours later & still buzzing from that match.

Super pleased my team made it through what a cracking heat 15!!

hats off to both teams certainly put it all on the line 

Enjoy the final, it can be a great occasion.  Last years final was the best speedway moment for me, it even beat 1993.

17 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

Gutted about the result last night, in all honesty we lost it at FH and that is what put us out. Congratulations to Ipswich and good luck in the final.

I wish fans of other tracks would stop banging on about having a stadium built for us using public money. They do not complain about Manchester City paying peanuts in rent for a new stadium for their sole use, or West Ham having their security and other operating costs paid for by the taxpayer.The stadium and the newly build surrounding leisure facilities are for general public leisure use and not exclusively for speedway. We hope that some time in the not too distant future that once defunct tracks return and that there are no more under threat, which is something all fans know the sport can not afford. 

I magine that kind of discussion would happen on a football forum not a speedway forum.