British Speedway Forum
Endeavour

Edinburgh Team 2024

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

That'll depend on Richie's hearing in November,think if he's riding it will be at Berwick.

I’d be gutted, personally, particularly with his comments earlier this season, but well aware Dickson could persuade him over us! 

15 hours ago, Macca said:

Lasse at reserve would be a bit of a trump card, assuming he could replicate his form when he rode at reserve prior to his injury. At 4.57, and with the 38 point limit, it probably wouldn’t be possible. Bastian at reserve a bit more likely. 

If i were the Monarchs' management i'd definitely take Borke over Lasse. I wouldn't have to think about it twice.

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

If i were the Monarchs' management i'd definitely take Borke over Lasse. I wouldn't have to think about it twice.

Interested to know why?

Lasse has been VERY unlucky with injuries but can score well when fit.

Bastian seems to have a big problem with gating. You can get away with that on a couple of tracks but not the majority.

• Like 1

Is an interesting debate, to be fair, as I know people who say Lasse and others say Borke.

Both different riders with different aspects to work on. 

• Like 1

I'd keep both... Lasse and 2 and Borke at 6. Both would do decent jobs as second strings and take up barely any points in the process... Edinburgh's team for next season seems a difficult one, as heatleader options seem limited. Unless Craig Cook comes back, but that would be a massive risk. If they can bring in say Riss and Sedgmen at the 3 and 5 and get someone like Steve Worrall or Richie Worrall (if he's allowed to ride) as number 1 then the top 5 don't look too bad.

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

4. 4.89? Alfie Bowtell, Danyon Hume, James Pearson, Jacob Hook

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

7. 2.00-2.89 depending on which number 4 you pick (Connor Coles?)

It's a bit harsh leaving out Paco, but where does he fit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd keep both... Lasse and 2 and Borke at 6. Both would do decent jobs as second strings and take up barely any points in the process... Edinburgh's team for next season seems a difficult one, as heatleader options seem limited. Unless Craig Cook comes back, but that would be a massive risk. If they can bring in say Riss and Sedgmen at the 3 and 5 and get someone like Steve Worrall or Richie Worrall (if he's allowed to ride) as number 1 then the top 5 don't look too bad.

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

Not a bad looking team. Personally, would go for Hume at 4 and quite happily have Coles at reserve. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

Looks a decent team, if you chose Hook, could fit in Castagna instead of Fredriksen.

10 hours ago, Macca said:

Not a bad looking team. Personally, would go for Hume at 4 and quite happily have Coles at reserve. 

Can't have Hume and Coles... Coles would only fit with either James Pearson or Hook

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Looks a decent team, if you chose Hook, could fit in Castagna instead of Fredriksen.

I don't know... I really like Lasse for some reason, think he should definitely be in the team... Although

1. Steve Worrall

2. Jacob Hook

3. Justin Sedgmen

4. Paco Castagna

5. Erik Riss

6. Bastian Borke

7. 2.00er

Ain't bad at all...

19 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

Very decent. I’d be happy if it’s close to this. Either Worrall/Riss/Sedgy is a really strong top three given the points restriction. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Can't have Hume and Coles... Coles would only fit with either James Pearson or Hook

I don't know... I really like Lasse for some reason, think he should definitely be in the team... Although

1. Steve Worrall

2. Jacob Hook

3. Justin Sedgmen

4. Paco Castagna

5. Erik Riss

6. Bastian Borke

7. 2.00er

Ain't bad at all...

Absolutely wouldn’t object to this either however I’d like to see Lasse back. 

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Steve Worrall

2. Jacob Hook

3. Justin Sedgmen

4. Paco Castagna

5. Erik Riss

6. Bastian Borke

7. 2.00er

Ain't bad at all...

A shame we couldn’t squeeze Lasse in at 2 there. Think Jacob might struggle at 2. 

On 10/26/2023 at 12:42 AM, TheScotsman said:

Interested to know why?

Lasse has been VERY unlucky with injuries but can score well when fit.

Bastian seems to have a big problem with gating. You can get away with that on a couple of tracks but not the majority.

Probably relating to your second sentence. When fit. Lasse is injured quite a lot, wouldn't you agree?

Borke would probably be the better bet due to reliability .

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Probably relating to your second sentence. When fit. Lasse is injured quite a lot, wouldn't you agree?

Borke would probably be the better bet due to reliability .

To add to the injury point, he always seems to come back and be very tentative for a good while after it. Openly said during a meeting that he wasn’t trying hard. Can be frustrating. 

Differing risks with each option. 

Just now, Macca said:

To add to the injury point, he always seems to come back and be very tentative for a good while after it. Openly said during a meeting that he wasn’t trying hard. Can be frustrating. 

Differing risks with each option. 

Well thats no good at all. Expecting fans to pay and turn up to see a bang average foreigner not try hard cos he isnt fit. Another reason fans stay away.

The day that clubs and promotions rule the roost rather than riders, especially mediocre foreign riders, is the day the sport may start heading upwards rather than down the sewer.

• Like 3