British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Unless you are truly local there is not a lot of incentive  for buying a season ticket these days with travelling and fuel ,unpredictable weather and riders attitudes to a less that perfect conditions you can have a wasted journey.Whereas with a lot of Clubs streaming now (including Bandits) it costs less too watch the meeting online if any doubts on the night

The away fans and neutrals will compensate for this drop in revenues by purchasing the stream though.

On the subject of Berwick fixtures last season I rang them up and asked if I would be able to get into the home match v Scunthorpe  as I’m a scunny fan and asked if I would be able to pay the standard price for a championship fixture of approx £20  as I would be travel home after Heat 15 of this fixture as this was a double header with a Bullits  fixture in the lower NDL league to follow . They put me through to someone and he stated as this was a double fixture the top price was the only price available as the Bullits were racing against Kent in the  lower league . I refused to travel as time and diesel from   Hull it wasnt   worth  the expense . Subsequently the 2nd meeting was cut short to 11 heats  and  and Berwick missed out on an adults match fee. .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

On the subject of Berwick fixtures last season I rang them up and asked if I would be able to get into the home match v Scunthorpe  as I’m a scunny fan and asked if I would be able to pay the standard price for a championship fixture of approx £20  as I would be travel home after Heat 15 of this fixture as this was a double header with a Bullits  fixture in the lower NDL league to follow . They put me through to someone and he stated as this was a double fixture the top price was the only price available as the Bullits were racing against Kent in the  lower league . I refused to travel as time and diesel from   Hull it wasnt   worth  the expense . Subsequently the 2nd meeting was cut short to 11 heats  and  and Berwick missed out on an adults match fee. .

How would they enforce the single meeting only tickets though? Just announce after heat 15 of the first meeting 'Right anyone who didn't pay for the second meeting get out' and everyone is honest :rofl: Or perhaps even arrange the fixture lists to avoid this happening in the first place!! Hmmm

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

How would they enforce the single meeting only tickets though? Just announce after heat 15 of the first meeting 'Right anyone who didn't pay for the second meeting get out' and everyone is honest :rofl: Or perhaps even arrange the fixture lists to avoid this happening in the first place!! Hmmm

Your second point about not arranging it that way is spot on

If it needs a double header the easiest way (and it’s still a bit of a pain) is charge people the full price on entry then offer a partial refund as they leave before the second match. Edinburgh did that for a double header last year. The main downside was seeing a queue prob 200 deep that weren’t staying for the second match which was pretty disheartening really.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2023 at 9:18 AM, Shadders said:

Kerr; Schlein; Etheridge; Hume; Borke; Hodder; Neilsen 

So far so good,don’t think Borke will there though

16 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I’m stating they lost out on a fair few from Scunthorpe  due to it been a double fixture

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

So far so good,don’t think Borke will there though

More chance of Borke being there than Nielsen

Edited by Normski

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

More chance of Borke being there than Nielsen

Would agree but will we see any of them.Think Danyon is a good signing.

Edited by Fromafar

7 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Danyon Hume is Berwick’s third signing.

Good signing, especially on his average.

Kerr, Hume, Etheridge, Knudsen, Schlein, Hook, Hodder… just a guess but would people take that team? Fairly sure it fits.

1 minute ago, bloom89 said:

Kerr, Hume, Etheridge, Knudsen, Schlein, Hook, Hodder… just a guess but would people take that team? Fairly sure it fits.

Think you can rule out Knudsen.Dont think he liked his home track.Decent rider though just signed up in Poland.

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you can rule out Knudsen.Dont think he liked his home track.Decent rider though just signed up in Poland.

Ah is he I didn’t know that, he’s finished with the under 21’s now hasn’t he? He looked really good when he first came over but disappointed a bit last season.