British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

On 1/19/2024 at 3:58 PM, PowerfulPierre said:

With all of the teams in the Premiership now declared with the exception of Birmingham, and only 8 weeks prior to tapes up, what's the opinion of supporters on how Leicester's season is likely to go?  For what it's worth, I think that Stewart has put together a very competitive team that will take some beating around Beaumont Park and will be picking up some all important points on the road, providing all 7 remain professional both on and off the track,  and vitally, are also able to be injury free. I can see us making the play offs and giving it a good go when we get there.  Interested to get everyone's thoughts and opinions.

I think its much better side than last year. Its arguably weaker than most at reserve but the top 5 is one of the strongest in the league. Fricke should have another strong season and has the 3rd best average in the league. Douglas and masters are both brilliant at leicester. Douglas is a far better rider now since his last stint at the club. Masters should benefit from riding at.either 2,3,4 or even 5. Lawson is solid and will probably partner fricke at 2. Becker is the the wild card but have heard nothing but good stuff about him. Stewart also has a great advantage of the riding order. 

He could be unorthodox and change it up every few meetings. I'd personally go for this line up

1. Fricke 2. Lawson 3. Becker 4. Masters. 5. Douglas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

I think its much better side than last year. Its arguably weaker than most at reserve but the top 5 is one of the strongest in the league. Fricke should have another strong season and has the 3rd best average in the league. Douglas and masters are both brilliant at leicester. Douglas is a far better rider now since his last stint at the club. Masters should benefit from riding at.either 2,3,4 or even 5. Lawson is solid and will probably partner fricke at 2. Becker is the the wild card but have heard nothing but good stuff about him. Stewart also has a great advantage of the riding order. 

He could be unorthodox and change it up every few meetings. I'd personally go for this line up

Might be tempted to put Becker at No.2 to start with. He’s the only one of the top five that has never ridden for the Lions previously and would be riding with Fricke in three of his heats.

1 hour ago, Teromaafan said:

Might be tempted to put Becker at No.2 to start with. He’s the only one of the top five that has never ridden for the Lions previously and would be riding with Fricke in three of his heats.

Luke is a good signing..just got to get D. Kemp  going .

18 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

18 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

You will have seen Becker race far more times than me and if you think he doesn’t need the protection of riding with the No.1 then I’ll take that!

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

To put it into perspective, you have Wolves top 3 from last year, plus Max Fricke and Richard Lawson. I really like the look of this team.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

You will have seen Becker race far more times than me and if you think he doesn’t need the protection of riding with the No.1 then I’ll take that!

Trust me, he’ll be in the GP’s within 2 years. He missed out by 1 bad start last year.

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Masters has to be at 5 surely

12 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

There isnt much in it between Dougy and Masters ...may be they will rotate it ...uve got the best of the Wolves riders.

40 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Luke will be fine ...getting better every year ..

12 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I was tempted and seems the obvious choice but  Douglas average away is far better than masters. Heat 13 away from would be stronger. Masters at 14 is almost a trump card. But either way its strong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justathought said:

leicester_track24_1-773x439.jpg

Looking great..just for peoples information the main track is just being re laid I think. The shape is the same but improving the surface so water doesn't sit on the top. 

On 1/22/2024 at 11:25 PM, szkocjasid said:

I don't think that's in doubt, but Masters was asked to be a number one for Wolves, at Leicester as a 3rd heat leader, sounds a very good signing.

And was a true number 1 for several seasons at Wolves with one of the top 10 averages every season…… bar 2023.

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And was a true number 1 for several seasons at Wolves with one of the top 10 averages every season…… bar 2023.

A number 1 yes .  Around the 8 mark ..in a weaker league ...Wont get it now ..

On 1/25/2024 at 4:22 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A number 1 yes .  Around the 8 mark ..in a weaker league ...Wont get it now ..

He didn’t get it in 23. But was mid high 8 for several seasons.