British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

On 2/7/2024 at 5:40 PM, szkocjasid said:

Number 6 is far harder than number 7, so if Kemp can reach 4.00 he'll have done well imo

On 2/8/2024 at 2:48 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Should  be aiming higher than that . At least a 5.00 ave ...

I think many have far too high expectations of Kemp. Last year at Scunthorpe he averaged less than 5.5, while racing plenty of meetings from the easy number 7 position. So to expect him to get near that from a tougher position in a higher division (getting stronger) is a near impossible ask imo.

I certainly hope he can do it, would be great news for GB.

Edited by szkocjasid

Interested to see that Pidcock Motorcycles have extended their Stadium Sponsorship for another two seasons.http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.32437 One advantage Leicester have over many clubs is an exclusive lease on the stadium which provides them with a naming rights opportunity. All the same its great to see they have secured the deal. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on Leicester on appointing a new female Co Promoter. I understand that she has basically been running the club for a number of years behind the scenes. We need more women represented at the top of the sport. I can only think of Debbie Hancock in the past and Julie Reading at Sheffield. 

11 minutes ago, SJA said:

Congratulations on Leicester on appointing a new female Co Promoter. I understand that she has basically been running the club for a number of years behind the scenes. We need more women represented at the top of the sport. I can only think of Debbie Hancock in the past and Julie Reading at Sheffield. 

Pat Bliss ran Reading for years

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, skydog said:

And Yulia Hemsley at Leicester

21 minutes ago, skydog said:

Of course she did, I stand corrected.

Posted (edited)

So, with 4 days to go it seems to me that these are good times to be a Lions supporter.  We have a new owner who has ploughed thousands into trying to remedy the track drainage problems, and whilst going about it, has installed a new training track to bring on the newcomers to the sport, and hopefully sustain speedway well into the future. We have a newly designed website that looks modern and has given the club a fresh new image; we have a new co promoter who has worked tirelessly throughout the winter to "get things done."  Questions from the supporters to the management have been invited in preparation for press and practice day which suggests to me a new more open approach towards those of us that part with our hard earned week in week out.  All it needs now is for us as supporters to get fully behind the new owner and co promoter and do our job in supporting the Lions for the new campaign.  C'mon you Lions!!!

Edited by PowerfulPierre
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

So, with 4 days to go it seems to me that these are good times to be a Lions supporter.  We have a new owner who has ploughed thousands into trying to remedy the track drainage problems, and whilst going about it, has installed a new training track to bring on the newcomers to the sport, and hopefully sustain speedway well into the future. We have a newly designed website that looks modern and has given the club a fresh new image; we have a new co promoter who has worked tirelessly throughout the winter to "get things done."  Questions from the supporters to the management have been invited in preparation for press and practice day which suggests to me a new more open approach towards those of us that part with our hard earned week in week out.  All it needs now is for us as supporters to get fully behind the new owner and co promoter and do our job in supporting the Lions for the new campaign.  C'mon you Lions!!!

Agree with all of that! I got sent a photo of the track a few weeks ago and it was a right mess, I'm sure it's been sorted now ! I'm hopeful we can see some racing on Thursday. 

• Like 1

I did hear the match against us could be in doubt due to track but they have since had good weather so hopefully they have sorted it now. 

but it does seem weird they have not put any pictures up of the finished track yet. 

when is your P&P btw 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I did hear the match against us could be in doubt due to track but they have since had good weather so hopefully they have sorted it now. 

but it does seem weird they have not put any pictures up of the finished track yet. 

when is your P&P btw 

P&P is on Wednesday. As for the weather, it's been evil again!  Non stop rain yesterday but the hardy band of volunteers were up there doing whatever they could to get the "show on the road".

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 4:26 PM, FishersGate said:

Agree with all of that! I got sent a photo of the track a few weeks ago and it was a right mess, I'm sure 

Edited by davieb1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 4:26 PM, FishersGate said:

Edited by davieb1

1 hour ago, davieb1 said:

If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much 

And I've promised not to spill the beans 

So I wont

Why post such cryptic comments? If you know something just post it 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

when is your P&P btw 

The track is in good condition now but like we all know starting the season in Mid March is risky with the weather as tracks just do not dry very fast at this time of year but if back end of the week is ok all should be fine . If Wet on Wednesday for P&P it’s likely no on track action to save it for the next day.

The Circus and Stunt show is on next to the stadium but have no shows on Thursday’s but do have two shows on Wednesday which may mean the car park is busier for P&P

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, davieb1 said:

If you knew what I know about our female boss you wouldn't like her much 

And I've promised not to spill the beans 

So I wont

I believe this is just sour grapes as this poster has been told their services are no longer required with the new owners and are known a known trouble maker along with a few others whom thought they were very important but have actually been found out.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 3