British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M.D

Eastbourne speedway

A meet and greet for Eastbourne Speedway fans with special guests and auction on the 10th February at the Langley sports club, Eastbourne.

Image.jpeg

EASTBOURNE EAGLES MEET AND GREET SOCIAL EVENING
Good evening guys, following on from our very successful fans forum we have decided to hold a 2nd social event, and following on from the facebook poll we ran it has been decided to have a fans social evening with guests, auction and buffet.
The event will take place at LANGNEY SPORTS CLUB in Pevenseyon Saturday february 10th 2024 @ 6 PM
The evening will be hosted by our very own Kevin Coombes.
We will start the evening with a meet and greet with our guests, then a question and answer session with 3 of our guests, the food will then be served and a break for refreshments, then the other 3 guests will have their question and answer session.
We then propose to run our auction, items to be listed in due course.
There will also be a display by Nial Strudwick running all evening.
Our first 2 confirmed guests are Jason Edwards and Barney Kennett further announcements will be made in due course
Tickets are priced at £25.00 per person and can be applied for at eesc1929@gmail.com tickets are limited so please book early
We look forward to seeing you there

two more names will be announced next week, UTE

Posted (edited)

Hope the evening plans are moving along ok and the interest is still there for the Eagles. Distance and grandchildren babysitting unfortunately curtails me coming, but hope all the effort MD and others put in keeps the club in the public eye.

Assume the Arlington situation is still the same with no chance of a return in the future? 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Hope the evening plans are moving along ok and the interest is still there for the Eagles. Distance and grandchildren babysitting unfortunately curtails me coming, but hope all the effort MD and others put in keeps the club in the public eye.

Assume the Arlington situation is still the same with no chance of a return in the future? 

The planning authorities must support sustainable development. For this reason, when a proposed development poses a risk of loss of amenity of any type, the application is likely to be rejected.

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

The planning authorities must support sustainable development. For this reason, when a proposed development poses a risk of loss of amenity of any type, the application is likely to be rejected.

I'm thick. What does that mean in this particular case? Is it economic or environmental sustainability? What amenity or amenities will be lost if speedway returns to the area? And what constitutes what they consider to be an amenity? 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Sure this wouldn't apply to Arlington, Spedeworth are still operating there and the stadium/ site is viable, it's the stadium owners who prefer not to let speedway back in, just assumed that was probably still the case, but you never know....

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gazzac said:

It's more the other three from the consortium these days than myself.

Michael Gray, Steve Chantler and David Graveling have far more input than myself due to my work commitments but Im still playing a small part.

Kyle Newman and Eddie Kennett added to the guests.

Just now, M.D said:

It's more the other three from the consortium these days than myself.

Michael Gray, Steve Chantler and David Graveling have far more input than myself due to my work commitments but Im still playing a small part.

Kyle Newman and Eddie Kennett added to the guests.

Can't like still, but like.   Not a guest FOR Eddie then......only joking,  saw Eddie when he rode in the second halves and when he first went under 60 seconds as a kid, nice to have some previous Eagles in attendance inc Kev Coombes.

• Like 1

Good evening, this event is now free entry, we have removed the buffet to give the event an increased capacity.
If you are interested in attending, please private message us on here, or alternatively e-mail us eesc1929@gmail.com.
Many Thanks
Michael Gray & David Graveling.

• Like 1