British Speedway Forum
BackstaightBandit

Berwick VS Workington - Border Trophy - 30/03

15 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Thoughts on celina?

She would struggle against most Uber Eats delivery riders

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

I questioned the decision myself and the supporters near me said it was probably to do with where he was (interfered with where the flag marshal should be). Could put people in danger so always err on the side of caution.

I see on the Berwick report he was fined by the referee but not sure if his broken chain was  locking up his back wheel and he was trying to release it?

On another point it was good to see less gardening at the gate with the clock (could see it took less time than other seasons for the riders to be ready). 

Speaking to a supporter in the stand after the meeting he said there was always time on the clock when the race started so probably 10-15 minutes saved there.

Only complaint from me was the back straight stand lights not working so moved to the exit of the second bend.

Does anyone know how far back the starting gate been moved?

Sure I seen somewhere 5 meters maybe George Dodds could confirm.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Sure I seen somewhere 5 meters maybe George Dodds could confirm.

Other work undertaken by the team includes moving the start line back by around five metres. Taken from website

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

I questioned the decision myself and the supporters near me said it was probably to do with where he was (interfered with where the flag marshal should be). Could put people in danger so always err on the side of caution.

I see on the Berwick report he was fined by the referee but not sure if his broken chain was  locking up his back wheel and he was trying to release it?

On another point it was good to see less gardening at the gate with the clock (could see it took less time than other seasons for the riders to be ready). 

Speaking to a supporter in the stand after the meeting he said there was always time on the clock when the race started so probably 10-15 minutes saved there.

Only complaint from me was the back straight stand lights not working so moved to the exit of the second bend.

Does anyone know how far back the starting gate been moved?

5 metres I believe.

18 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

They moved the starting gate back nearer the pits so an extra few metres.

How does that mean the track length has changed? They’ve moved the start line back five metres, so you ride 5 metres extra at the start, and 5 metres less at the end of a lap/race.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

They moved the starting gate back nearer the pits so an extra few metres.

Still the same distance for 4 laps though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Still the same distance for 4 laps though.

Senior moment 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Senior moment 

try another sport to follow . speedway is too hard for you .

• Haha 1