British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Manifesto

Sheffield v Kings Lynn 18/05

Solid team performance tonight from all 7 Sheffield riders. Good to see Dan amongst the points. That should give him some confidence. 

We can have no complaints. Well beaten by a very good Sheffield side. Top three speak for themselves but Pickering and Gilkes provided very good support. 

Vadim had a nightmare evening. Dropped three primary chains in succession so something clearly not right there, but can’t say it made much difference to the score. 

Patryk struggling with his engines. Apparently too strong for the tracks so just spinning and he can’t detune them enough to get them working. Bringing some new equipment over to try.

Other than Tobi and Tom Brennan though, we didn’t really offer much of a threat. 

Not sure I can see anyone taking points of Sheffield at home this season. No weak links in top 5 to exploit. 

• Like 1

Really solid performance from us. Everyone looked on the pace, Howarth had abit of a mare in heat 8 but just glad he got up. 
Woffy and the Holder bro’s absolute class round our track which gives us a great chance of pulling them bonus points in through the season. Special mention for Dan Gilkes he’s had a tough start to season and after heat 2 I feared the worse but he obviously made a change to setup and looked great in his other 3 rides. 

Tobi 100% effort as always looked the only rider in the KL team who was going to lay a glove on our heat leaders. Might have been closer with Basso and Iverson hopefully they’re back soon to fitness

• Like 1

Routine win against a 2-3 man Stars team  there were 2-3 really good races - mainly involving Brennan and Tobi - but also Josh Pickering when he spent the entire race chasing after Tobi and then passing him that was a highlight for sure. 

really good to see Dan Gilkes scoring well after his first ride and Chris Holder looked v quick tonight - I’d kind of forgotten how good he was in many ways with him being absent from the U.K. scene for so long.

there will be tougher nights ahead for sure for the Tigers. 

Posted (edited)

There was never any doubting Sheffield's top end strength, but if their reserves can carry on like this, they'll certainly take some beating. Could well be favourites for the league.

Edited by szkocjasid

Look's like we are carrying on from last season.:angry:

On 4/18/2024 at 5:37 PM, Bald Bloke said:

By what heat? 13 or 14 ? I cant see past Toby and Vadim 19 ,Tom and MPT 9, Reserves 7 myself. Hope i'm proved wrong though.

You weren’t too far out.