Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gr8scot

Redcar V Edinburgh 14/6/24

Recommended Posts

What are the chances of this being on folks, we are getting ready to leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

What are the chances of this being on folks, we are getting ready to leave

Currently raining in Middlesbrough but forecast to stop in next half hour or so and forecast for the rest of the day (currently) isn’t too bad.

I’m not that close to the track so not sure how much rain it’s taken over the last few days but facebook page was just updated and no mention of the meeting being in doubt atm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of the meeting itself, as always it’s hard to call. Depends what version of each team turns up on the night.

Danny King back, will be interesting to see if he’s fully back upto speed. Need solid showings from the rest of the team to make sure he’s not under too much pressure.

Monarchs can be as unpredictable as the Bears but always a pleasure to watch Josh Pickering, one of the leagues great entertainers on a track he rides really well (although he’s not seen this seasons version of it!).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

In terms of the meeting itself, as always it’s hard to call. Depends what version of each team turns up on the night.

Danny King back, will be interesting to see if he’s fully back upto speed. Need solid showings from the rest of the team to make sure he’s not under too much pressure.

Monarchs can be as unpredictable as the Bears but always a pleasure to watch Josh Pickering, one of the leagues great entertainers on a track he rides really well (although he’s not seen this seasons version of it!).

Should be a close meeting, if its on (excellent chance it will be). So many of the monarchs, go as well at Redcar, as they do at Armadale, (some better I think). A lot depends on Danny King will he be on it. I'm thinking last heat decider, probably going the way of the monarchs. Lets hope the weather plays ball and we get to find out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Should be a close meeting, if its on (excellent chance it will be). So many of the monarchs, go as well at Redcar, as they do at Armadale, (some better I think). A lot depends on Danny King will he be on it. I'm thinking last heat decider, probably going the way of the monarchs. Lets hope the weather plays ball and we get to find out. 

I hope you are right. A lot depends on who “turns up” and how 6&7 perform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

I hope you are right. A lot depends on who “turns up” and how 6&7 perform

Think you know how many your number 6 will score lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think you know how many your number 6 will score lol

Well he beat both Mulford and Trigger last week guesting in the NL match. But I would hope that the Bears reserves out score the opposition reserves tonight.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Well he beat both Mulford and Trigger last week guesting in the NL match. But I would hope that the Bears reserves out score the opposition reserves tonight.

Didn't beat trigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Didn't beat trigger

He has now 

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooner we move kye Thomson on the better. He’s the main reason we don’t win meetings. 3 points from your number 3 only beating reserves. Coles away from Armadale is also a waste of time cause he’s so slow. 
 

On a positive note great to see paco scoring so well again and for dayle to score a few points. Bonus point still in play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Redcar.A meeting ran efficiently with track grades and finishing just before 9pm.

Enjoyable racing as always at Redcar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to win a close meeting for a change. Must admit I had my doubts before Heat 13 but credit to Charles and Danny they pulled it out in their last 2 rides.

Solid team performance and could even have an often have an off night for Jason. Really good to have Danny back and a full 1-7.

Monarchs had more heat winners than the Bears - Pickering,as expected, entertaining. Sedgmen, as expected, excellent when he gated and Paco had his best meeting at Redcar. Wood deserved more and battled really well, certainly improved since I last saw him.

Racing wasn’t great again with a lot of FTG but Heat 13 was a cracking race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Sooner we move kye Thomson on the better. He’s the main reason we don’t win meetings. 3 points from your number 3 only beating reserves. Coles away from Armadale is also a waste of time cause he’s so slow. 
 

On a positive note great to see paco scoring so well again and for dayle to score a few points. Bonus point still in play. 

Paco's shooting almost two points above his starting average this year, nice to see him delivering more consistent performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Paco's shooting almost two points above his starting average this year, nice to see him delivering more consistent performances.

Problem being his supposed heat leader parter is god awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy