-
Posts
1,165 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Yearbyred
-
Fair play to Lambert, looked a totally different rider these last few GP’s. Finally living up to his nickname.
-
GP venues and news for 2027
Yearbyred replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Totally accept that it’s great news for fans of Ipswich speedway and supporters in that part of the country. But for neutral supporters I think it will generally feel like disappointing news -
GP venues and news for 2027
Yearbyred replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
They can rename it the “Suffolk Grand Prix”. From a northern speedway fans point of view it’s in a location that’s hard to get to and I can’t remember watching much decent racing there. At least Belle Vue offered exciting racing. Looked on the BBC sport website today and couldn’t find a single mention of a British rider having a chance at becoming a World Champion. Going from Cardiff to Belle Vue to Ipswich shows the decline of the sport, in my opinion. Of course I still hope it’s a success, but will be watching on TV. -
GP venues and news for 2027
Yearbyred replied to racers and royals's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Well at least I’ve saved some money by not having to buy tickets for the British event. -
Redcar v Edinburgh 17.04.26
Yearbyred replied to Sidewinder1953's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Pleased with the result from a Bears point of view but it’s not a great watch again on the stream. The heavy rain a couple of hours before the meeting can be the only mitigating factor for the track but the disparity between the gates is pretty bad and a lot of the riders seemed to struggle. Decent racing was at a premium too with only a handful of passes in 15 races. Haven’t been to watch for nearly a year now and can’t see me going back anytime soon sadly. -
Poole vs Plymouth BSN Good Friday 6pm 3/4/26
Yearbyred replied to LisaColette's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Not sure why anyone would think something called Pirates TV would be anything other than one eyed. -
Championship KO Cup Draw
Yearbyred replied to RoundTheBoards's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Surely they could have got Harry Redknapp to do it, given his long association with paper bags. -
Well I think it’s a solid team, the 5 younger lads in the team are all on the up so should be worth watching. Hell even I might go and watch occasionally!
-
Redcar 1-7 as predicted earlier in this thread. Edit - what Bellers said !
-
Well that’s an unexpected result and trophy. Had been out and forgot this was actually being run tonight so delighted when I saw the updates. Well done to the lads tonight, pulled it out when it mattered. It’s a good team if everyone rides well (did it without Ace contributing at all) and that sadly hasn’t happened enough. But good for the league that Poole don’t win everything again. Well done to the Bears.
-
redcar racing bears v Poole FTG pirates
Yearbyred replied to Coraldon's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
There wasn’t much passing after lap 1, a couple I think at most. But there hasn’t been in the streams I’ve watched in the last few months. Weather plays a part but not been great. I’m not a Wimborne Road hater btw. Thought Charles should have been off 4 in Heat 15 but it’s pretty immaterial anyway. -
redcar racing bears v Poole FTG pirates
Yearbyred replied to Coraldon's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Flint guests for Riss and Scott is riding. -
A North East Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called to a road traffic incident this evening (12 October) at 19:38 on Dormor Way in Middlesbrough. We dispatched one ambulance crew and one patient was taken to James Cook University Hospital."
-
A North East Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called to a road traffic incident this evening (12 October) at 19:38 on Dormor Way in Middlesbrough. We dispatched one ambulance crew and one patient was taken to James Cook University Hospital."
-
Poole v Redcar, koc 1st leg, Weds 8/10/25.
Yearbyred replied to SteveLyric2's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Don’t hold out much hope for Redcar in either home or away legs of this fixture. Obviously hope I’m wrong but can only see a comfortable win for Poole. So much so I doubt I’ll pay for either stream. I’ve not been to a live meeting since the British GP in June and watched most Redcar meetings via stream but missed a few and it’s not bothered me that much. I think the constant guests, lack of continuity of meetings have taken their toll on my enjoyment. Hopefully by the time March comes I might get the urge to go back. -
Redcar vs Oxford KOC SF 1st leg. 26/9/25
Yearbyred replied to LisaColette's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
The Bears operated Ryder replacement, of course it’s true. -
Buffered for 3 heats, went off before Heat 8 but seems to be back now (for tractor racing). I’ve messaged them. To be fair there are normally no issues.