British Speedway Forum

We're talking about tonight's Czech GP

Hmm - So why isn't everybody having a pop at Hans Andersen as well then - similar moves - similar results? Is it because he isn't Nicki Pedersen?

If it had been any other rider would all this fuss have been made?

Maybe not but Nicki has a history of similar racing style and his aggressive riding reared it's ugly head again on Saturday along with his attitude. Look how he reacted to his exclusion earlier in the meeting. The man should be suspended for one GP for whatt he did to Greg, it was a disgrace.

By the way, Nigel Wagstaff didn't know about any of this until someone kindly told him at Northampton International Raceway also on Sat. When told who the rider was that did it, he was left fuming.

Hmm - So why isn't everybody having a pop at Hans Andersen as well then - similar moves - similar results? Is it because he isn't Nicki Pedersen?

If it had been any other rider would all this fuss have been made?

SF, IMO Andersen altho using similar moves did not go to the extreme that Nicki P did. When Andersen went wide in the heat that TRick fell in, he left more than enough room for Trick to stay upright, he just didn't allow for Gollob to come screaming thro the gap that disappeared at the same instant.

As for being a Nicki hater....no way Jose, I for the past 3 years have been a fan of Nicki but Saturdays move was something else. I find Nicki as a person, a nice kind of guy but someone quite close to Nicki once said to me he becomes a different person when he dons a crash helmet I have to say on Saturday that was very true.

Graham Brodie took some beating if you ask me. Has he retired now?

agreed he was a good ref - he is listed in the Prague program as being 'Grand Prix Secretary' - how ironic is that?

Not posted on this forum before, so Hi everyone. I found it by typing some phrases in google & these threads about last night's GP came up. I had to look as I was so incensed by what I saw go on.

I am an announcer at a track in the UK (and have announced at three other tracks in the past), so am in a privileged position, I guess. I have got to work with many referees past & present, so this thread intrigues me more than the one about Pedersen being dirty, although I may be tempted to post on that one too 

The incident between Pedersen & Brhel was clear cut & I feel that most referees would have seen it the same way. There may not have been much contact, but the fact is, Pedersen pushed Brhel over & this caused the fall. Therefore, I don't see that the referee had much choice.

The incident where Tony fell was less obvious, clearly. They all moved over & he ran out of room. It could have been so much worse & I was glad to see him make a full & speedy recovery. Whilst the referee showed "common sense" he took an easy way out in a lot of ways. There is absolutley no allowance in the rule book for not excluding somebody should the race be stopped after the first turn after someone has fallen. (I have discussed this with 2 heads of the SCB in the past & present & they were both adamant). I am not suggesting the rule book is right, but the rule book is there for a reason & Posselwhite didn't make a decision when he should have. There are many arguments here, but if you apply the letter of the law to it's fullest degree then Tony should have been excluded as he was the reason the race had to be stopped. I don't feel you could exclude Andersen as he was in front, therefore he could pick his line & Gollob was "just in the way." It would have been a harsh decision, but in the letter of the "law" - the right one.

As for the Pedersen/Hancock incident. How anyone can defend either the rider (Pedersen) or Posselwhite's decision is beyond me. Pedersen came from nowhere & rode straight into Hancock. Pedersen was certainly culpable for the crash & Posselwhite for not being able to make the right decision. His "all four back" decision was one of the worst I have seen & was made even more so by the fact that he was able to watch it from every possible angle before making the decision. I suspect that there could have been two things that influenced his decision. 1) Ole Olsen, who will do anything for a Dane to win (he has far too much power) & 2) the decision he made over the crash with Tony. Having not excluded anyone there, he may have felt he had to make the same decision in the second one.

Comments concerning the re-run & suggesting Hancock "fenced" Pedersen? You must have been using the same glasses as the referee, who incidentally I have worked with more than a few times in the past & I have to say that he is one of the worst there is, so his inept performance came as no shock to me.

good post and welcome to the forum - i've noticed liberties being taken with all 4 back increasingly and it is another area which can only make a mockery of the sport.

Edited by Splatty

The ref was a joke.

There was very little contact between NP and BB. Tough call that could have gone either way. A little like a footballer taking a dive when there's the slightest contact. Got nothing against BB but he went down easy. Totally different to JC and RH last year. JC ran straight through RH leg with his back wheel. NP brushed BB leg with just the dirt deflector it looked to me.

TR should have been excluded, although that would be tough on him. It wasn't the fault of HA or TG that he got caught on the fence. Half way down the back straight means somebody ahs to go. The race was stopped because TR fell. That means he has to go.

Should have excluded NP for knocking GH off. I refuse to subscribe to the 'hang him at dawn' mob though.

Two GP's down, and the ref has let us down on both occassions. It seems that where TR, in particular, is concerned the ref is going to bottle it every time.:angry:

i was in prague and i totaly agree with u on this one,i was discugest to see TR getting away with it yet again.

good post and welcome to the forum - i've noticed liberties being taken with all 4 back increasingly and it is another area which can only make a mockery of the sport.

Thanks Splatty. Just called it how I saw it. Always interesting to be in the box with a ref. Whilst they don't explain it to the public, they often explain their decisions to those in the box. Posselwhite however, wouldn't know a decent decision if it smacked him in the face.