British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yellowspanner

Medical Services @ Prague

From my perspective I'd much rather riders who fell would lie still till we get there. Due to the marvels of adrenalin and shock they could be quite badly injured without realising.

I noticed last year the difference between riders when they come off in a spill.

OK it relates mostly to watching PL racing for me but the more experienced riders even in relatively straight forward looking spills tend to take their time getting up (when a race has been stopped I mean!). I think that shows they have learned by experience! Certainly makes more sense to me - last thing you want to do is make any injury or potential injury worse.

Welcome aboard Yellowspanner another Gemini in the making she translates my posts for me to what I'm trying to say :approve::lol::wink:

Welcome aboard Yellowspanner another Gemini in the making she translates my posts for me to what I'm trying to say :approve:  :lol:  :wink:

No problem - seems you have already forgiven me for being a Pirate fan.... B)B)

Guest JY2003
Was it just me or did the medics take a hell of a long time to reach two possibly badly injured riders last night???

According to someone who was in Prague, their was only one paramedic/doctor on the track! :unsure:

According to someone who was in Prague, their was only one paramedic/doctor on the track! :unsure:

Marvellous - that makes sense....... NOT!! :angry:

How can you run a GP like that??

AFAIK for EL meetings you must have two qualified first aiders at each end, an ambulance and a doctor. Obviously there is often more cover than this ;)

No problem - seems you have already forgiven me for being a Pirate fan.... B)B)

It's all of us living on the South Coast that does it YS :approve:

Was it just me or did the medics take a hell of a long time to reach two possibly badly injured riders last night???

um,and who was that i wonder (if i didnt already no) ALAN by any chance ?

you must have two qualified first aiders at each end

Too much, I'm qualified can I have a job pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee Kiss of life needed or not they're gonna get it :lol::P

Too much, I'm qualified can I have a job pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee Kiss of life needed or not they're gonna get it  :lol:  :P

Your qualifications will first need to be rigorously examined to prove competence..... :rolleyes:;)B)

I noticed last year the difference between riders when they come off in a spill.

OK it relates mostly to watching PL racing for me but the more experienced riders even in relatively straight forward looking spills tend to take their time getting up (when a race has been stopped I mean!). I think that shows they have learned by experience! Certainly makes more sense to me - last thing you want to do is make any injury or potential injury worse.

It is the more experienced riders that take their time to get off the track and it is often for medical reasons, Think of the poor mechanic who has to run back with the bike and get it straight again for the rerun.

After killing the first four or five the rider realises he better try and hang on to the next bloke and buy him a bit of time.

It is a well-known fact that referees believe you can rebuild a bike in two minutes.

Another well-known fact is that riders always fall of or crash the furthest distance from the pits just to see who has the least fit mechanic.

Seriously I am glad both Tony and Greg walked away from nasty looking crashes and I hope at last they will do something about the air fences on the straights. (Or should that be straightaways)

Your qualifications will first need to be rigorously examined to prove competence.....  :rolleyes:  ;)  B)

Can I choose who does the testing :P

Edited by shazzybird

Marvellous - that makes sense....... NOT!! :angry:

How can you run a GP like that??

AFAIK for EL meetings you must have two qualified first aiders at each end, an ambulance and a doctor. Obviously there is often more cover than this ;)

For all meetings in the UK you are required to have one medical officer (paramedic/doctor), one ambulance, one driver, one attendant and two first aiders.

Sorry Shazzy the point I was trying to make was that you can have a doctor or paramedic here. To add to whoever said that there was just one paramedic at Prague, there was obviously an ambulance and crew as well. Some may argue they should have been on the track but as happens here in the UK the medical staff are not always on track, some referee will insist on this and others won't.