British Speedway Forum

Can anyone suggest a place to eat near the stadium as my previous two visits have resulted in visiting dodgy food outlets. :sad:

cheers people.. :)

most of the pubs near the stadium do food but there may be a bit of a wait because of all the customers :(

Isn't all food in liquid form on GP day?

We usually just buy a sandwich at an out of town supermarket before we go into town to be honest.

BTL/Star Lady - picnic brunch at 11 outside the centre before heading in? lol

If you are driving to Cardiff there are quite a few decent pubs that do food on the old road between Newport and Cardiff.

Walk around Cardiff, theres plenty of places, listing them all would take for ever, TBH I've only ever been in McDonald and KFC, I did go in Burger King once :unsure:

just up the road from the pow pub on the other side of the road is a cracking chinese resturant , not the cheapest but u get wot ya pay 4 QUALITY

JUST GUNA BOOK ME TABLE

The pub where we normally sit for the day right opposite is a sandwich bar called the "Slug and Lettuce" :lol: we dont go to that one :wink: we go to the Pattisserie (get me being all posh and can't spell it lol) opposite :approve:

We just go and have a picnic in the park,then hit the pub for the main cause (liquid desert) 15 of us this year (kids inall) :approve:

Guest JY2003
We just go and have a picnic in the park,then hit the pub for the main cause (liquid desert) 15 of us this year (kids inall) :approve:

Cant wait to meet your kid :) . If your going in the pub, mines a Bacardi Breezer(Shhhhh, dont tell Mum :lol: )

what u mean like the fags u said youd packed :unsure: ,or was that your mum that had packed em.yeh my daughter cant wait,this ll be her ever meeting,her mum doesnt like speedway so she doesnt get to go in sweden. :cry:

Can anyone suggest a place to eat near the stadium as my previous two visits have resulted in visiting dodgy food outlets. :sad:

Old Orleans in Church Street is as close as you can get really.

They have had a Happy Hour in the bar every year we've been so far, but a word of warning, to get Happy hour prices you need to be served at the bar not get the waiter(ess) to get them.

You need to book

Fairfax House, 18 - 19 Church Street, Cardiff, CF10 1BG

Tel: 029 2022 2078

Fax: 029 20 222084

Its a 5 minute stroll downhill to the Starting gate side

They have had a Happy Hour in the bar every year we've been so far, but a word of warning, to get Happy hour prices you need to be served at the bar not get the waiter(ess) to get them.

You need to book

Cheers Budgie

Whats the prices like cheap cheap... :D

You need to book

Cheers Budgie

Whats the prices like cheap cheap... :D

They do a marvellous smorgesbord of millett and seed for £2.75.

However for a more normal meal £20 for two courses is about the level.