British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

Sunderland Speedway Website.

I am not sure which Section of the Forum to Post this on. If I am wrong I would be obliged if a Mod could move it to the correct Section.

Thank you.

Regarding the above Website. About two to three years ago scarletrider and myself used to run the content of the Sunderland Speedway Website. At that time we closed down the Site with the assistance of our Webmaster and surrendered the Domain Name.

I was amazed to be contacted recently by our Webmaster to say that the Site was up and running again and asking whether we were responsible - we were NOT. (Neither of us would know how). Nobody was more surprised than us at this occurance.

We would like to state that whoever has put this Site back on line has broken the Copyright of our Webdesigner and also the Copyright of the actual Content owned by scarletrider and myself.

There are a lot of inaccuracies on the Site - Reunions advertised for 2015 for example - this is totally wrong. The historical content and photographic content is largely accurate but parts of the Site have been altered and parts removed.

http://www.sunderlandspeedway.co.uk/

We just wanted everyone to be aware.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I am not sure which Section of the Forum to Post this on. If I am wrong I would be obliged if a Mod could move it to the correct Section.

Thank you.

Regarding the above Website. About two to three years ago scarletrider and myself used to run the content of the Sunderland Speedway Website. At that time we closed down the Site with the assistance of our Webmaster and surrendered the Domain Name.

I was amazed to be contacted recently by our Webmaster to say that the Site was up and running again and asking whether we were responsible - we were NOT. (Neither of us would know how). Nobody was more surprised than us at this occurance.

We would like to state that whoever has put this Site back on line has broken the Copyright of our Webdesigner and also the Copyright of the actual Content owned by scarletrider and myself.

There are a lot of inaccuracies on the Site - Reunions advertised for 2015 for example - this is totally wrong. The historical content and photographic content is largely accurate but parts of the Site have been altered and parts removed.

Thank you.

I shall certainly check it out!

Thank you.

Thank you.

Would it not be an idea if when contact is made with those who have tried to revive the Sunderland website to iron out the mentioned problems and assist them in what looks to have originally been an excellent website?

IMO it is always something of a tragedy when websites like the original are taking down thus losing to the speedway-public-at-large a wonderful source of information? Just a passing thought on my part.

Edited by Guest

I have been looking through the 'revived' Sunderland website and while it invites users to contact its administrator, there is no link for whoever this may be?

I also have a suspicion that the 'revival' of the site may have been some time ago as 'updates' do not appear to have been made there for about the past 18 months.

I will be interested in seeing what takes place in the near future. I wonder if the person/persons who revived the website also use the British Speedway Forum? The BSF might well be the only way for interested parties to contact them?

Edited by Guest

Would it not be an idea if when contact is made with those who have tried to revive the Sunderland website to iron out the mentioned problems and assist them in what looks to have originally been an excellent website?

IMO it is always something of a tragedy when websites like the original are taking down thus losing to the speedway-public-at-large a wonderful source of information? Just a passing thought on my part.

It would be a very good idea gustix.

The problem with that is - is that we don't know who they are.

It would be a very good idea gustix.

The problem with that is - is that we don't know who they are.

I hope you get to the bottom of the situation. Computers and the internet are wonderful on one hand, but there are many negative and worrying sides too.

• Like 1

I would like like someone to explain how the site which was closed down some time ago by Ian,myself and the site host, can suddenly reappear back on line without any of us knowing anything about it? The site as it is now, has clearly been tampered with, with lots of mistakes and statements that were simply not done by ourselves.

We shall be seeking Legal advice into what is clearly an infringement of our hard work. The site has clearly been hi-jacked.

"The Mackem"

I would like like someone to explain how the site which was closed down some time ago by Ian,myself and the site host, can suddenly reappear back on line without any of us knowing anything about it? The site as it is now, has clearly been tampered with, with lots of mistakes and statements that were simply not done by ourselves.

We shall be seeking Legal advice into what is clearly an infringement of our hard work. The site has clearly been hi-jacked.

"The Mackem"

Perhaps those who give guidance to a major site like the British Speedway Forum can give advice on tracing the background as to who is now running the Sunderland website? Just a thought on my part.

In regard to your seeking legal advice - on the face of it a good idea but beware because it might well be a costly business!

Edited by Guest

Perhaps those who give guidance to a major site like the British Speedway Forum can give advice on tracing the background as to who is now running the Sunderland website? Just a thought on my part.

In regard to your seeking legal advice - on the face of it a good idea but beware because it might well be a costly business!

Thank you for your advice gustix, let's hope we get to the bottom of it all.

"Mackem"

Thank you for your advice gustix, let's hope we get to the bottom of it all.

"Mackem"

It would be nice to find out who it is.

We shall see.

It would be nice to find out who it is.

We shall see.

I have had a look at the site and whoever has taken it over, is thanking the previous owners/creators for their efforts in getting the website up and running in the first place. Therefore, any future content shouldn't be attached or associated to those previously involved. Looks a good site to me, obviously out of date with some stuff, but the previous owners did a good job!

I have had a look at the site and whoever has taken it over, is thanking the previous owners/creators for their efforts in getting the website up and running in the first place. Therefore, any future content shouldn't be attached or associated to those previously involved. Looks a good site to me, obviously out of date with some stuff, but the previous owners did a good job!

The previous Sunderland website owners did as you say Ray Stadia an excellent job.

Indeed, though it must be very annoying. It's difficult to know what to advise unless libellous information or views are posted which is then a much more serious issue. I've had similar experiences myself when pictures and whiole chunks of text were lifted without pwemission or any reference to me from my own websites; 2 speedway, one on another subject. The way I look at it is: while less than ideal, my intelectual property (for that is what it is) was originally posted for people to look at it and read, and is still being looked at and read and the locations & sites where they are now displayed I don't believe are commercial businesses. Images and webpages can be 'locked & copy protected' but there is still such a thing as screen grabbing. Annoyingly, I've mislaid the passwords so as to update the sites and though i still have the files, I no longer have the time or interest to rebuild the sites from scratch in any case.

A cheeky but funny incedent was one picture I cleaned up didn't really look great due to being slightly colour blind, though it looked ok-ish to me, it really wasn't but at the time no-one was available to check the colours and so it had be posted 'as is'. I bought a speedway DVD off a well-known internet auction site and the company concerned used 'my' badly-coloured image. Guess there are people with worse colour-vision issues than myself :D ....