Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

chunky

Members
  • Posts

    24,276
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by chunky

  1. That's they way you have to be in professional sport. Of course, you enjoy your successes, but getting carried away with it can be very counter-productive. It's far better to stay at the same level mentally - regardless of your ups and downs - rather than put yourself on an emotional roller-coaster. Good or bad, what's done is done. You can't change what's happened, you can only change what is going to happen.
  2. Couldn't have said that better myself. Perhaps they learned the whinging from BSF members???
  3. As I said, I don't like it, but I agree 100%. Neither do their times and performances in the qualifying rounds count either. And nobody bitches about that... Reading this forum, it's like people claim to be speedway fans, yet are constantly looking for reasons NOT to be.
  4. Did anyone complain when Malcolm Simmons or Peter Collins scored 15 points in a Daily Mirror Grand Prix QR in 1976, yet only got 10 GP points? Of course not! While I am not a fan of the new system (I much prefer all points on track counting), anyone with an IQ in double figures or better SHOULD be able to understand it... Anyway, whether I like it or not, it doesn't prevent me from enjoying four blokes engaging in good racing...
  5. But Tom was young and good looking...
  6. Who would you want to play Tom?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy